Real gnomes (or possibly extraterrestrials) caught on security video scurrying across patio

Originally published at: Real gnomes (or possibly extraterrestrials) caught on security video scurrying across patio | Boing Boing

1 Like

egads, all the histogram contrast sharpening filters in the world and all one gets is a roughly triangular profiled little beastie moving at a fair clip. so raccoon pup, muskrat, neighbor’s toy pug, take your choice and be off wif ye
screenshot_2023-08-04_at_09-37-38_weird_video_captures_gnome-like_creatures_on_camera_maybe
(“i think that’s their ET planetary landing pod over on the left margin”)

5 Likes

gnothing

5 Likes

What’s the purpose of a “security camera” that reduces everything to a smeary blur? If you can’t tell a burglar from Bigfoot, seems a bit useless.

14 Likes

You can’t sell footage of a burglar easily. Footage of Bigfoot on the other hand…

3 Likes

Lossy compression in low light is a recipe for some strange effects. On our system, some rabbits seem to elongate to four times their length at a hop – they look like Slinkys.

7 Likes

Extraterrestrial gnomes confirmed?

“I found your lack of ideas to write an Article, disturbing”

Could be an owl.

1 Like

At that resolution it could be a wol, or even a lwo.

6 Likes

AWOL owl?

4 Likes

Probably snuck off to a party, after some vole au vents.

4 Likes

Is that like Rat au Van, only with a vole and a louvre?

4 Likes

Totally. Wild, Organic party food, but in very small portions.

4 Likes

Party at the burrow tonight!
RSVP.

(rodent served very pungent)

4 Likes

This post brought to you by the ghost of PT Barnum.

1 Like

What did they film this on? An iPhone 1 would have given a clearer shot.

the incredibles pixar gif GIF by Disney Pixar

1 Like

Is it a stuttering video that causes scurrying rodents to look like they’re taking steps, or is two little small men carrying briefcases? We’ll probably never know.

Meanwhile, that was definitely a man in a bear suit.

I was too preoccupied tracking the basketball, to notice.

2 Likes