Real gun designed to look like Lego toy

Yeah, they lost “responsible” in the first 30 seconds of the product pitch meeting.

I already have the rule that my LEGO-loving kid can’t take any of the LEGO gun-shaped objects out of the house for fear of this exact situation. Awesome.

3 Likes

Every day, the 2nd amendment looneys prove they can be dumber and crazier than the day before. Impressive.

2 Likes

Give them all Diamond Age skull guns, and let the recoil sort them out.

3 Likes

They should just #DeleteFacebook.

1 Like

There are already long YT compilations of that kind of thing with Desert Eagles.

1 Like

Nathan-Fillion-Loss-For-Words-Reaction-Gif

1 Like

There probably a difference between being punched in the face by a Desert Eagle, and being punched in the brain.

1 Like

Lego Glock Block

7 Likes

Nice. So many layers.

4 Likes

And so many lawyers

5 Likes

I just changed my views on IP rights.

2 Likes

er, uhmm, the only thing that can stop a bad guy with a stuffed toy is a good guy with a stuffed toy.

1 Like

Off of one product that likely won’t be available anywhere but America and in extremely low manufacturing runs? The gun stores around here won’t even carry it but Oregon’s basically more liberal gun owners than conservatives.

Aside from the fact that they knew they’d get slapped by LEGO immediately. And the fact that it’s catnip for kids to pick up. And that their statement is utter bullshit.

That pistol would need super light loads only so that the recoil wouldn’t pop the sights off of it on every shot. I have this vision of a bunch of people shooting with it, then the range stops so an easter egg hunt can ensue for everyone finding their parts and putting them back on.

Clearly this is a novelty stunt trollbait item, but even as novelties go, it’s dumb as fuck.

3 Likes

Well someone linked to the archive of the sale page, and it came with Kragle (Krazy Glue) to glue the pieces on if desired (vs installing actual sights). Otherwise, yes, they would just fly off.

Lots of guns are made just to be put in a safe and looked at occasionally. Like gold engraved things or fancy cerakote paint job. Per an instagram post, "(block19 is NOT an innovation it is a fun safe queen) "

Oh *&%$§ and so on, I needed your comment to understand that it’s a real gun.
I thought Lego was protesting unauthorized use of their bricks in a toy. A toy, not a boomstick.
I really don’t know anymore.

3 Likes

That’s exactly how I reacted. I thought it was one of those custom designed Lego sets and I didn’t realize until like halfway through the article.

4 Likes

It was just another brick in the wall.

1 Like

A couple of things:

1. Who the fuck is the audience this gun marketed to?
  2. We have enough problems with irresponsible gun owners leaving their weapons in places where kids can get to them. This one is a flat out “attractive nuisance” of the worst kind.
  3. This takes the “add on rail” tech of tacking on useless stuff to guns to “look cool” to its most logical and ridiculous conclusion.
3 Likes

These guys?

3 Likes