Recommendations for Holiday Gifts for 2022

Thanks, definitely something to consider!

Winnie The Pooh Sleeping GIF

3 Likes

Anyone get anything awesome this year? (Can’t say that I did. :confused: )

14 Likes

Snl Season 47 GIF by Saturday Night Live

Someone is gonna be sleeping on the couch for a while! If not out in the literal dog house for the foreseeable future!

10 Likes

A sweater nicer than anything I’d buy for myself, a Star Trek Puzzle, and Clay’s Ark by Octavia Butler. :grinning:

Holiday Gift GIF by Dunkin’

8 Likes

I got a couple of very cool Star Trek shirts (a shirt advertising Quarks, and one of DS9 and the bajoran star system), and my daughter found me a very cool skirt, with lots of cats… although it’s too large (it was the last one they had) and needs to be taken in.

9 Likes

We’ve been married for 38 years, the first year we lived in Detroit and had nothing but a baby.

I saved up and went to the local fix it shop and bought a very used but fixed up Hoover for our first Christmas. There were a couple other presents but the vacuum got me a kiss and a hug not a night on the couch.

My wife got me a couple tools this year and a nice Bose Bluetooth speaker for work.

My kid got me the best gift, a sparkly Jesus.

The explanation is here.

The vacuum was this exact model and yes, we both used it.

s-l400

8 Likes

I got 3 different bird hair clips and a lot of very good chocolate.

11 Likes

Ah, ditto!

Screenshot_20221231-162417_Chrome

Both excellent.

8 Likes

The Mr. made me 2 photo albums: one of all the different foster kitties we’ve had since we started fostering this summer, and one of the last couple years of camping trips, decorated with cute drawings. I don’t know about “awesome” but definitely very sweet. It was a nice trip down memory lane on Christmas morning.
And a friend sent a bunch of her amazing homemade vegan chocolate!
I get the biggest thrill from giving gifts, usually, and it was the same this year. The Mr. loves tea so I got him a Yerba mate gourd set and sampler packs, and he’s been getting into Sumi e art so I got him a bunch of rice paper, a set of brushes and a pretty little rack to hang them on. He loved it all.
And we made tea cakes and other little cookies and I mixed a bunch of herbs and flowers for tea (calendula, yarrow, lavender, bee balm, lemon balm…very pretty) and drove around to deliver little gift bags of tea and cookies to my local friends. They were a hit.

12 Likes

Friend gave me this kitchen towel for xmas.
I feel seen.

@milliefink
Having lived without washing machines off and on, if someone–anyone–gave me a good working washing machine and I needed one desperately, I’d be so happy I’d be doing cartwheels and backflips in the street.

10 Likes

It’s gorgeous!

And I wish i could give you a washing machine!

9 Likes

Totally!
Where it gets touchy is when one of a set of partners gives it as a gift for, say Christmas.
As family lore has it, one year my dad’s big present to mom was a set of bunk beds for us kids. Cool thing to buy, but framing it as a gift “for her” was kind of lame.
OTOH, one year my uncles got together and got their parents a fancy new TV. That was cool. But if the husband or wife had bought it for the other, knowing it’s really for both of them, kind of less sweet. You know?

7 Likes

Oh! So, for Christmas I got my BFF a glass blowing private lesson for us at a local glass blowing place… it was a great gift for anyone who loves to do hands-on crafting!

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.