Record one video, deepfake yourself saying every customer's name

Originally published at: Record one video, deepfake yourself saying every customer's name | Boing Boing

2 Likes

I wonder if that could handle Tadeusz Syryjczyk or Krzysztof Skubiszewski or Emir Hadžihafizbegović?

4 Likes

I hate the future.

9 Likes

Or Brutananadilewski for that matter.

3 Likes

Mike Myers and Dana Carvey could have used this back in February to say all 89,151 restaurants.

2 Likes

Burn it down and salt the earth. Quickly, before it spreads.

1 Like

I suspect that, as we’ve seen with technology elsewhere, it will handle the use cases of all the people who the company and its (actual) customers think of as people just fine. The exact composition of this group remains to be seen.

3 Likes

It’s lazy.

1 Like

Unfortunately, the reverse is quite probably true.

3 Likes

I’m sure when this screw up it will be hilarious.

8 Likes

Amusing prank names read out in absolute effusive deadpan by a firm’s designated personality? Much more fun than joke names on a mailing list. Can’t wait for the highlights reel.

2 Likes

I rarely give my first name when interacting with companies that don’t need it, and I often use a completely made-up one just for the lulz. So any auto-generated video that attempts to greet me by first name will likely make the company look more lame than cool.

1 Like

I’m an IT guy, but as impressive I see this technologically, I see it equally depressing as a human and customer myself.

Every customer is allready complaining about bad service, companies hiding behind unpenetratable communicatin defenses.
Chat bots without real help, IVR systems designed like a jungle with no one answering, email answers from no reply addresses to prevent follow up.

What happens whennwe now fake personal interaction? It is a specialized nice technique now, but if used commonly the general audience will know and anz and all of this responses will immediately loose their value/meaning.

On the long run this wil distroy customer relation not help it. Unless the relation your company wants is “none”.

2 Likes

I see one problem. There’s no way I’m opening up or playing a video email to me, or sent to me via messenger.

I might not have any choice with some autoplay on Facebook, or on the Boing Boing homepage, though. I would find it creepy right to see an ad personalized like this. Somehow it takes the tracking and makes it extra intrusive.

4 Likes

good luck everybody

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.