Red Hot Chili Peppers' "Give It Away" covered by one person in the style of 20 different bands

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/04/07/red-hot-chili-peppers-give.html

5 Likes

Each of those was so much more inventive than many cover versions bands put out.

6 Likes

That was super fun! I needed that. Depeche Mode and John Williams FTW! Cute.

11 Likes

I was hoping for a CIA black site torture version

5 Likes

just amazing…

11 Likes

That was awesome. Too many versions to single out, I’ve got tears in my eyes!

5 Likes

Man, that David Bowie version was something else.

9 Likes

I wanted so badly to hate that…and I just couldn’t.

slowclap.gif

11 Likes

That was great! All of them.

The RHCPs dropped by my college back in the day for a free outdoor concert. It was just as you might imagine, AWESOME! Good times. Been a huge fan ever since.

4 Likes

These were what covers should be - inventive and original. Like when Devo sang Satisfaction. 99% of cover bands are a waste of perfectly good sound.

5 Likes

I thought the Zappa and Bowie ones were perfect.

2 Likes

Man, slipknot voice/mood right into 21 pilots? Talk about abrupt transitions. I wonder how many times he had to do this before getting all the transitions just right.

1 Like

This is a musical wonderful thing.

Thank you.

Around '84 or '85 when the RHCP’s were still touring out of the back of a beat up van, they played at the punk/hippie/biker bar that was my main hangout. I was super excited to see them, but was rather disappointed that it wasn’t a sox on cox concert.

1 Like

I was equally impressed with his complete changes of body language for each transition.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.