Red pandas get very excited about apples

Bowling shirts no. Best apple in the world. Doesn’t look like much but crisp, sweet-tart and keeps about forever:

Realtalk: I wish sloths weren’t endangered so I could keep one as a pet. They’re kinda ideal:

Fuzzy Mammal - Check
Loves cuddling - Check
Self cleaning - Check
Non aggressive - Check
Insanely cute - Check
easy to feed - Check
Doesn’t need much space - Check
Quiet - Check

It meets a lot of my ideas of what an ideal pet would be. Like a tribble that doesn’t multiply so often, and also has a face.

1 Like

Try it with the subtitles translated to English, I’m curious what he is actually saying because this appears to be nonsense.

At 3:00
“The stomach time to marry the US sub-breeding season, which has only once a year”

“Self-cleaning”? You know they grow algae all over their bodies (3-toed ones), within which dozens of moths live, the sloths climb to the ground to poop so that the moths can lay their eggs in it after which the moths hatch and fly up to fertilize the sloth-algae which the sloth eats to supplement its diet of leaves?

I am a huge sloth fan, but as a pet … not for me.

Sloth's busy inner life:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/28/science/the-sloths-busy-inner-life.html?_r=0

Okay, I flubbed that one. Still, give it a bath a couple times a year, it should be clean enough. It’s not like they’re irresistibly compelled to roll around in piles of dead sea life, and they don’t seem overmuch fond of eating shit like dogs (as much as I love them, they’re not “clean”). Nor do they constantly lick themselves with parasite infested and staph infected saliva like cats.

You’d probably do better with the 2-toed ones…

2 Likes

Don’t google sloths and outhouses. Just don’t.

2 Likes

Daww, lookit him with his shit-eating grin…

1 Like

Nah, sloths been done to death, matey, too mainstream. I give you Madame Berthe’s Mouse Lemur (world’s smallest primate)

And the Pygmy Marmoset (world’s smallest monkey)

No vids because the mouse lemur vids on YT were all the wrong species, and all the Pygmy marmoset vids had been uploaded by some cunt who’s selling 'em as pets (“Bag rats are SO last season, darling, everyone’s got these precious little monkeys now - aren’t they just to DIE for…?!” - yep, unsurprisingly they’re huge in Hollywood).

Both are, as far as I know, IUCN Red List species. The mouse lemur is, certainly, and the marmoset WILL be if the poaching continues.

Apologies for lowering the mood, but poaching for the pet trade is one of my - myriad - soapboxes. As is poaching, full stop. Unless it’s eggs. I likes a poached egg - or ten. Or fish. Poached trout’s good. Salmon too.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.