Red Skull, thin skin: guru Jordan Peterson is angry that latest villain incarnation talks like him

Lots of in-depth material linked from this thread if you want to read up on that question, but a TL;DR:

• He uses complex, vaguely academic-sounding language (despite his stated commitment to clear communication) to dress up poorly constructed arguments supporting his ideas on topics including gender, race and “masculinity”
  • He’s a darling of the alt-right (despite claims to the contrary) who bashes feminism, Islam, etc.
  • His writings include a lot of unexamined misogyny, such as how he repeatedly associates “chaos” with the “feminine” as if that was an objective scientific fact instead of a sexist social construct
  • He thinks intelligence is inherently linked to race (he uses more words to say it, but that’s the gist of it and his Nazi fans have taken notice)
  • He gives out terrible, potentially life-threatening medical advice like “cure all your ailments with an all-beef diet”
  • His fan base is just the worst

ETA: I almost forgot

• Willfully misrepresents laws protecting LGBTQ people from hate crimes in order to frame himself as a victim of oppression and draconian limits on free speech
26 Likes

Three Arrrows is a good commentator.

So is Contrapoints

3 Likes

In a somewhat related thread:

16 Likes

Sort of improved Dilbert.

11 Likes

Who is forgotten?

11 Likes

Some guy. I can’t find any references. He must have been cancelled.

14 Likes

They’ll fix your bridge soon, bro, it’s ok.

8 Likes

Of course IQ test scores correlate with economic success in life: the economic success of one’s parents is a major predictor of one’s IQ score, as well as of one’s future economic success. The Venn diagram is nearly a perfect circle.

Why does economic success pass down through families like this? In a word: racism.

14 Likes

Oddly enough, a video just dropped today discussing Jordan Peterson’s ideology. It’s an interesting watch:

I will admit, it’s not entirely objective… but as the video points out, objectivity’s a difficult thing to achieve.

The video assumes some familiarity with a previous character of Abby’s, previously known as “the Travelling Salesman,” or “the Arsonist.” I think it’s fairly clear in context, but TVtropes has a good (and very spoilery) rundown of his past appearances and what he signifies.

8 Likes

As we’ve all heard by now, IQ was developed by Binet as a tool to identify education levels of individuals in hopes of developing personalized tutoring for underperforming students. Instead, rich dorks and their enablers market IQ as proof of divine right. The rich deserve their wealth because they are smart, bootlickers will tell you, but omit that the reason the rich are educated is because of their wealth.

15 Likes

Ooh boy, lil kapo’s head is gonna explode when Sam takes up the shield.

5 Likes

Jordan Peterson

6 Likes

The Arsonist ist one of my favorite characters Abby made. But this is not the first video regarding Peterson and the Satan she did in that earlier one is my absolute favorite (so far).

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.