Refusing to bow to airport liquids ban, woman drinks bottle of cognac

I think if I was part of the passenger list and not carrying any transparent ziplock quart size bag containing liquid, I would support this and aid a fellow passenger. Also hate wasted food.

1 Like

Take a swig, pass it along.

5 Likes

Great idea!
Whenever someone forgets to check some liquor, the security checkpoint should hand out some paper cups to all the peeps waiting in line to have a good time.

10 Likes

Right and donā€™t forget to share it to the pilot and crew.

6 Likes

Theyā€™re sorted already.

2 Likes

I forgot about all the stupidity once on a return flight after a cruise. Had a large bottle of Bombay Gin in the carry on. The Stupid Army disapproved and forbade it coming with me, so I gave it to the shoeshine guy. He was nonplussedā€¦ I think it happened to him regularly.

4 Likes

Letā€™s for the sake of glee not overthink this.

Because:

Baller.

1 Like

My last international traveling companion had like 1/2 a watered down cocktail in a Dublin ā€œAmericanā€ theme bar and then cried for a few hours.

Love convinces us the wrong people are so Right.

5 Likes

At PHL I had to open a dead-sea gift set once to throw away a 4oz. bottle of body lotion (a christmas gift for my sister).

Much later, I found out I had been flying with a pair of scissors every week for the past 5-6 weeks in the same carry on bag.

Scissors. Body lotion.

The good news is that Iā€™ve also been caught with a swiss army knife/multitool in European airports. They were unimpressed with the size, and let me board the plane with it.

But donā€™t get me wrong. Iā€™ve also found what the limit is for the German TSA. I brought back something not unlike this back from India, which caused the German TSA to have a bit of a discussion on what to do about it:

1 Like

On my last overseas flight my companion and I ordered french wine whenever the flight attendants came to serve usā€¦ that was the beginning of the best time of my life.
Didnā€™t last too long, sadly, but boy, was it good while it did.

1 Like

Once I flew from Germany to the Canary Islands only to discover that I still had my butterfly knife still in my jacket when I arrived there. Had no problems coming back, either, even though these knives are illegal in Germany, period. Donā€™t know how that went unnoticed, but there you goā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™d do the same as her. Not because I have a drinking problem, but simply because the spite is sweeter than the hangover is painful.

10 Likes

Oh I totally got caught with my ā€œYogic Healing Wandā€. It was quite festive.

Two TSA agents wandered off with it to chat. One made clubbing motions, and the other took it and made stabbing motions. Followed by, ā€œYou cannot take zis on ze plane.ā€

lol. Almost worth the price of entry.

6 Likes

When running a large round c for one of my early startups, i had my first nyc to lax first class flight. The CFO and I (CTO) attempted to drink all the red wine on the flight. We did or were cut off. Was to drunk to care.

6 Likes

What Iā€™d like to know is:

Were the clubbing and stabbing motions made as a serious, deadpan demonstration of the hazards this object poses on a flight or in jest? Living in this country for that long makes me think both options are equally likely.

1 Like

Seemed to be a serious discussion. Germans are notoriously serious when it comes to their day jobs.

1 Like

:-/

So did you get a new healing wand?

1 Like

Nope. Checked it, and super glued it back together afterward.

2 Likes

Ainā€™t no party like an airport security party!

4 Likes

You and me a lot of Guinnessā€¦no crying guaranteed.

1 Like