Refusing to bow to airport liquids ban, woman drinks bottle of cognac

Count me in on that, too.

The more the merrier!

I am 100% serious about this–we need to hang out STAT.

(And I can never bring myself to upgrade, my mind always says, “you’ll be happier if you save it for next time…”)

1 Like

yep, I , like, TOTALLY didn’t take my belt off this one time and I, like, went right through security and I’m, like, SWEET!!! I stuck it to the man!
Guy Fawkes mutherf…kah!

3 Likes

I am pretty easy to drink with. I work from a bar with wifi a couple times a week.

3 Likes

It’s just dumb. Do you know how hard it would be to mix chemicals for a bomb on a plane? Virtually impossible. …

1 Like

“do something super stoopid, you are banned. Haven’t had rum since.”

Waaaaaaaaaait just a minute there buster. You are blaming the RUM???

(Who gets the ban: the 2/3’s drunk or the 1/3 not drunk?)

Technically yes, but it’s probably illegal, if nothing else it’s going against the spirit of the rules, which could be enough to get you in legal trouble.

No, I blame me, I know the rules and I dun goofed. So I lost my rum privileges.

1 Like

Not to mention the rules of the spirits.

2 Likes

That’s the very point; if the rules are stupid they don’t have to be adhered to as long as you don’t get caught.

Who does The Man think he is, to prevent people from tasting stuff not available locally?

1 Like

Did they hold out a basket (y’know, for the fucking lotion)?

Or maybe, and I’m just saying maybe, Beijing airport security wanted a bottle of cognac. Maybe.

2 Likes

Nearly got detained once, at Bangkok, for having more than two litres of vodka in my carry-on. Because sheer stupidity. Was on Melbourne to Delhi flight (with Bangkok stopover, obviously) and stocked up on duty-free absolut - my fave - at melb but forgot about liquid restrictions in transit. And somehow missed seeing the enormous and numerous ‘only this much liquid allowed’ signs at bangkok. So when I went to board the plane to Delhi, the security people were screaming at me (in Thai, which I don’t speak) after my bag was x-rayed and started to drag me somewhere until I put the bottles in the bin. Which nearly brought me to tears at the waste. But lesson learned: don’t buy ridiculous amounts of alcohol on the way out of the country!

1 Like

Yeah, because throwing away your vodka made everyone safer.

Last time I got caught by that sort of thing was when I was flying business and transiting through Copenhagen. I’d got one of those toiletry bags given to me by the airline so I took it with me, but going back through security to get to my connecting flight they took exception to it, so I binned it. Too much trial sized mouthwash, or toothpaste? Seems weird that airlines would give you stuff on the plane that’s a threat on subsequent flights, but there you go.

3 Likes

Yeah, I know. It’s all security theatre bullshit. But trying to fight it on my own, when I don’t speak the language, was beyond me.

4 Likes

Maybe they brought the hand lotion, but not the fucking lotion.

7 Likes

9 Likes

Oh I agree, I’m just saying I personally wouldn’t try it.

I dunno. Sounds like she was just taking a principled stand, followed by a principled falling down a lot.

3 Likes