Regular Badges

The DM locked before I could reply about your comment amount hair color. See if your town has a good wig shop. I know a few people that have switched from thrashing their hair to using wigs (most for weekends, special events) but they can switch to match the event and wardrobe. No worries about roots showing. And most importantly no thrashing of your hair and scalp. If you do wig out make sure to spend the extra and get quality wigs.

…and back on topic:
Oh and I don’t like the flair over the user icon. Overlay’s look great when they are planned out but when one person designs the overlay and then a bunch of other people design the background it’s just an endless nightmare for everyone.

4 Likes

Well, ATL has lots of drag queens AND a well-established Jewish Orthodox community…so I bet I’m covered for wigs.

9 Likes

posted for no reason at all, apart from this is a good GIF

6 Likes

@codinghorror What are the rules that govern when a PM is moved from Inbox to Archive?

1 Like

When you press the Archive button? I don’t understand the question.

2 Likes

I mean that messages are automatically jumping into the archive category without me explicitly sending them there. I’m just wondering if there’s a rule such as “read the PM and inactive for 10 minutes” or something…

1 Like

Oh you may need to ask @sam about that? Did you make it so if anyone in the group archives a group PM, it is archived for all, @sam?

1 Like
3 Likes

Not having the comments with the posts put me off as well. Took one look at the BBS when the change from Disqus to Discourse happened and noped out of there. Pretty sure I remember the pre-Disqus days, too. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

6 Likes

Yeah it looks very much like the archived / unachived status of a PM is global rather than per-user … PMs are archiving and unarchiving themselves periodically.

1 Like

I still think the comment system was better (Antinous excluded) than this new-fangled bbs thing.

2 Likes

Hey, I still to this day hang out on IRC. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Where’s Fnord gone to? And I don’t remember cowicide ever getting the ban hammer back then. : (

1 Like

Cowicide rage quit after he didn’t feel that bb was covering the healthcare initiative in Colorado.

I miss that guy’s drive.

8 Likes

Accurate portrait?

13 Likes

I do, in fact, use the slack IRC gateway. :wink:

10 Likes

He really had a chip on his shoulder for anyone that liked Hillary over Bernie, and was quite umm aggressive to Jason over it. Even when Jason tried to nicely engage after the initial ban Cow replied with a fuck off.
He was dedicated but oh he had a big chip on his shoulder.

11 Likes

I know, but the dude has passion.

6 Likes

It’s kind of amazing how we got from @cowicide having to work ridiculously hard (and deliberately) to get permabanned to where we are today.

Despite pre-dating @cowicide’s eventual ban, I do think one of the big turning points for the BBS was the completely inappropriate ban spree during the “Pedant Pendant Incident”.

18 Likes

hey I have that and survived?!

11 Likes