Remember when an idiot squirted Tom Cruise with a trick microphone

Originally published at: Remember when an idiot squirted Tom Cruise with a trick microphone | Boing Boing

1 Like

It’s a weird (and yes, rude) stunt, but I have zero sympathy for Tom Cruise.

8 Likes

I remember someone pointing out on Reddit when this video first surfaced that Tom is surrounded by sycophants so he could do no wrong. There’s a moment right after getting squirted where Tom’s mind is broken and he genuinely can’t understand why someone would be such a jerk to him.

5 Likes

Well, yes, the guy is a member of a cult which robs and sometimes even enslaves its non-celebrity members, but nearly everyone who worked with him thinks he’s personally a pretty nice guy – he isn’t someone like Chevy Chase or Val Kilmer who people often find difficult to work with.

2 Likes

“That’s for Jim Phelps!”

squirt

3 Likes

Nazanin Boniadi. Say her name!

I mean… it’s a prank. It’s not meant to be polite, is it?

3 Likes

I’m sure he is nice to directors and other famous actors but I doubt the crew members he shouted at on video would agree. He produces his own films and has a lot of power in Hollywood. People aren’t going to to criticise him if they want to keep working.

2 Likes
  1. Cruise is a major shit, because he knows exactly what abuses go on in Scientology and he’s fine with it, but to squirt him in the face for a reaction shot? That was a jerk move.

At least he could have said “Dorothy sends her regards!” or something.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Movies/06/20/cruise.prank/

3 Likes

Oh-Emm-Gee, thanks, I laughed way too hard at that one! ^______^

From Channel 4s ‘Balls of Steel’ wasn’t it? Big Gay Following, Militant Black Guy, Bunny Boiler etc.

I guess a product of it’s time (the age of Jackass), had it’s moments but hasn’t aged well. Or maybe it has. Discuss.

1 Like

“He’s a nice guy except for the part where he funds and recruits for an organization that scams, enslaves, and (probably) kills people” is a heck of a defense, I gotta say.

3 Likes

Balls of Steel was a riot in its day; remember Neg’s Urban Sports?

1 Like

Diddy fucking donuts… :slight_smile: Legend.
Or this gem, all the more extraordinary as the guy was actually in the audience… The Man Tester - Balls Of Steel - YouTube

1 Like

His couch jumping combined with his anti-psychological medication rants, his devotion to the Scientology Cult, such devotion including shunning his own child who is not in the Cult, made me actively despise him.

1 Like

That’s hilarious that they track him down and he then attended the live audience!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.