Reminder: don't set fire to spiders while you pump gas

7 Likes

oh fuck you

1 Like

Center Line, Michigan, fire and a gas pump.

Got it!

Except none of those look particularly dangerous. I now know which ones to actually watch out for: ones in places arachnophobics might visit, seeing as those can apparently cause any amount of damage up to explosions.

Ha, except that would be blaming the victim here. I know you’re posting in fun, but there is so much constant hatred for this part of nature, to the point where I have seen people complain about photos of spiders in articles about them. It’s wearing. I have phobias too, you know, but I don’t pretend they are sensible.

3 Likes

THERE ARE NO PHOBIAS CONCERNING SPIDERS

#KILL 'EM ALL 

4 Likes

CRAZY TALK FROM A HAIRY GIANT WITH BONES LITERALLY STICKING OUT FROM INSIDE ITS MAW SO IT CAN SEVER AND GRIND ITS PREY

ARE WE STILL IN THE RIGHT THREAD?

5 Likes

Today I learned that modestly sized fire extinguishers can be super effective.

3 Likes

A big mistake, and it could have been deadly

Luckily, no one was injured…

Hey! #SpiderLivesMatter

1 Like

#NotAnySpiders

2 Likes

Pretty sure they’d survive a shopvac.

Even though the guy put this blaze out himself, cases like this are what my firefighter friends call ‘job security’.

1 Like

What Synesthesia said, but in a friendly, borderline-arachnophobic way!

1 Like

Did you not see those spiders brandishing clocks? CLOCKS!!!

4 Likes

I shudder through the spider-image-searches so you don’t have to.

DO I GET THANKS?

6 Likes

You see, it wasn’t a racial-social-musilim thing, Ahmed was probably mistaken for a spider.

1 Like

Strangely enough they never seem to survive my attempts to save them. Whenever I try to shove one into a glass with a sheet of paper it always ends up with a few legs missing :frowning:

“Whether it is using a cell phone”

They complain about stupid people and then immediately bring this up?

This is why the state of New Jersey only allows trained professionals to pump gas. (At least according to the lawmakers.)

I won’t be happy until only trained spiders are permitted to pump gas.

2 Likes

You know what is scarier then spiders…FLAMING SPIDERS!!! Think people…

1 Like

I’ve made an animated gif (/ʒaɪf/) of the event:

imgur.com/gallery/lPxSf4y

2 Likes