Reminder: ousted California Republican Dana Rohrabacher is a filthy tenant from hell

A few years ago we were shopping for homes on the North Shore of Chicago. We saw lots of beautiful old homes left in poor shape due to elderly owners not being able to keep up the maintenance. That’s understandable. One house, however, still stands out in my memory. It was in a great neighborhood in Wilmette. Given it’s size and location, it should have been a million dollar home. However, it was under foreclosure and the asking price was around $500K. I thought to myself, man, I have got to see this…figure out if it is worth fixing up. Called my realtor and went out to take a look. The owners had recently been evicted (I found out later they had bought it under an interest-only loan and hadn’t paid their mortgage in over 3 years…they had bought it less than 4 years prior) and it was truly a spectacle. They had stripped everything (even the kitchen cabinets) and left the place in ruins. It would have cost $300K to bring the house back to proper standards. I understand being angry about eviction, and who knows what the circumstances were regarding the loan, but why destroy the house on your way out. The answer: there is always a certain part of the population that are just sociopathic assholes.

3 Likes

Based on the timeline you give, it sounds like the sociopathic arseholes you refer to are the banks in the run up to the GFC.

1 Like

How are prior bad acts not relevant in viewing this currently reported behavior?
No, its not related to military matters or his (lack of/avoidance of) military service.
It does relate to his character. He has none.

3 Likes

Simply put, it is another piece of the pattern of hypocrisy: talking loudly about how young men should sign up and serve, yet avoided it when asked to do so himself. And the fact that he tries to hide this reveals that he himself is ashamed of it.

It all establishes a pattern of hypocrisy, of lies and bluster. It keeps people from claiming that he is just a messy, that he is not “otherwise not all that bad”.

6 Likes

The last place place I rented had white carpets, and after ten years they were still far cleaner than those ones. I was kicked out after the letting agency was bought by a national chain and all the old staff who I knew well had left.

I’m still fighting to get the deposit, although at this point it is more that I suspect that they have broken anti-discrimination law than the money.

3 Likes

On what planet is Rohrabacher’s district a Democratic stronghold?

Oh, turning it into a Culpare Verucavelo Bianc, are we? Just because tiny Ethiopian goats have become a thing? Chintz-level area rugs, they don’t put in just like that. Well, if the thermochromic ones continue to feel funny, we are stuck with tiny forests that bloom on schedule, alternately absorb all light above a low low level and distribute it evenly throughout the room, do the nanotitania air freshener thing despite being humid to a point, and take all the bad luck out when they leave to be the hardcore erosion protector inside the regular perforated polymer barrier. And fly on magickal command. Sometimes go clean the bathroom then hide atop the toilet seat. Go through a henna period keeping cello heads off the ceiling and making recording a thing. Evolving into Shagazor when exposed to a transformation material like a week of fruit sherry blintzes. Did I miss anything?

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.