Congressperson Dana Rohrabacher calls cops on citizen for asking questions

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/07/28/congressperson-dana-rohrabache.html

6 Likes

This person has been so proRussia for years that it’s pretty baffling to me that US citizens vote for him:

18 Likes

Today’s Republicans like traitors.

25 Likes

These fucking mopes.

5 Likes

Done.

It’s not just Russia. From where I stand, Rohrabacher is on the wrong side of almost everything. He’s anti-choice, anti-equality, anti-LGBTQ, anti-EPA, anti-ACA, pro-gun, pro-corporation, and a long list of other tiresome stuff I disagree with. He needs to go. Here’s a (not terribly up to datte) synopsis of his many regressive positions:

20 Likes

This is all a perfectly normal response to a dangerous person who is stalking and threatening our elected officials, for example, questioning authority.

10 Likes

One of California’s remaining GOP stalwarts, Congressperson Dana Rohrabacher (CA48)

I hit him with an egg once, right in the hiney bird too. Totally d-Bag from hell !

19 Likes

Christ, what a Dick…Cheney.

4 Likes

They see Russia, and especially Putin, as a great white hope defending “Western Culture.”

8 Likes

“My constituents couldn’t care less about this. They are not concerned about Russia. They are concerned about the taxes on their home. They are concerned about illegal immigrants coming into their neighborhood and raping people.”

Too many idiots in this country think this way. That somebody thousands of miles away wants to go through the hassle of crossing the border just to rape them, of all people.

16 Likes

Good sir, if you’re ever in my part of SoCal, I’d like to buy you a drink!

8 Likes

There was a time when, if non-urban persons tried to explain to me how bad The Immigrants are, I would politely mention how I live somewhere where you can actually meet immigrants from every part of the Earth, and they seem consistently fine.

This did not work. Turns out, speaking from so-called “experience” (pah!) just makes you a naive fool. If you really want to know the geopolitical score, you need to live in an isolated village and get your info from shouty Murdoch-owned media properties and creepy red-faced old men who hang out in the local pub.

19 Likes

I wouldn’t expect any other reaction from a politician who admires Putin. Rohrabacher probably dreams about having an American version of OMON at his beck and call (if this goes on, that’s what ICE will become).

3 Likes

Part of the problem:
The one bad immigrant I’ve never met is part of a crime statistic. The couple dozen amiable immigrants I’ve enjoyed studying and working with are just anecdotal. Plus, the ones I’ve met were all here legally. It’s the ones without papers who are sub-human monsters apparently, and even when not: how dare they break the smallest law in trying to flee to us for aid against danger and abuse?

3 Likes

Don’t forget, Palin is so close with Russia, she says she can see Russia from her house!

3 Likes

What is “repeatedly called”? Three times, don’t call the cops. 100 times, might need to call the cops.

Might I tidy this up a bit… Today’s Republicans are traitors. There isn’t that much better.

6 Likes

Creepin jesus, well thanks for that thought…there goes any hope of sleep for the rest of this lifetime.

5 Likes

I came here with the same question. The story only says “repeatedly called.” It also doesn’t say whether or not this official (and I use that term losely) has ever called cops for stuff like this before.

Without those pieces of info, this is poor reporting.

If the official has never called the cops for this before, and the caller called 100’s of times in one day, would everyone’sopinions change? If so, then perhaps we should keep the torches and pitchforks in the closet until we confirm more facts.

When we do confirm them, I will be out front with a pitchfork, but not until then.

PS: This story also fails to discuss the exact nature of the caller’s questions. They are likely benign, but one little, “Will the congressman vote against X or would he prefer to have his head cut off,” question, and you are going to get a visit from some nice people from the executive branch. I doubt this happened, but some reporting on all relevant details would be nice.

“Ask not what your nation can do for you… just shut the fuck up!”

5 Likes