GOP reps boo and scream "Shut up!" when reporter asks 4th speaker nominee a simple question (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2023/10/25/gop-reps-boo-and-scream-shut-up-when-reporter-asks-4th-speaker-nominee-a-simple-question-video.html

4 Likes

Season 5 Shut Up GIF by Friends

16 Likes

For Republicans, a free press is an “enemy of the people”.

31 Likes

At this point, anyone with a memory is their enemy.

29 Likes

“How dare you point a camera at me smearing dog poop on my face at the park; recording me proclaiming that it’s clown paint, start performing circus acts including juggling things and then screaming at kids when they said that they aren’t amused by it.”

21 Likes

Wow, that grandma at the right edge is really upset people are asking question about the time her grandson was naughty.

8 Likes

Hardly surprising considering that they don’t even treat their fellow Republican congresscritters with a modicum of respect anymore.

21 Likes

10 Likes

Thanks. A career congresscritter and I after reading about her voting history, not surprised she was right there on the front line yelling. A genuinely nasty person.

16 Likes

Is, is she OK?

2 Likes

She is not.

17 Likes

Well, I’m off to watch the elevator scene from “Cabin in the Woods” and imagine all those jackasses as the hapless commandos when the elevators go “ding.”

6 Likes

Well, she has shuriken earrings ready to deploy, so she’s clearly not to be trifled with

7 Likes

Angry Jim Henson GIF by Muppet Wiki

11 Likes

Oh c’mon, they’re just booing because the question was phrased wrong, it should have started "You helped lead the effort to save America from massive voter fraud and the Biden crime family’s Marxist policies. . . . "

6 Likes

Weird, I thought they were all proud of that…

5 Likes

This was a staged event to make it appear that House Republicans are united behind this fascist. They are not. 20 Republicans skipped the vote last night and this sham press conference.

15 Likes

What a bunch of dumb rocks.

2 Likes

Until the GOP redrew the districts (again, and again, and again…) she was my congress-critter. She never answered a single letter I wrote, nor any of my emails, and her staff was obnoxiously rude on the telephone. Our current rep is…Patrick McHenry. His staff is at least polite on the phone. I call a LOT, and I could swear the last time the guy groaned under his breath. Heh.

19 Likes

These assholes are deliberate enemies of the
US at worst and vain incompetent frauds at best. I believe people have a right to vote as they wish but am disgusted in my fellow Americans who have voted for these sorry d-list celebs and dirtbag lawschool bully types and the “values” they represent.

If “conservative” morals led you here either you failed at your own morality or they were bad morals from the start.

12 Likes