Reminder: Ryan Adams and Bryan Adams are not same guy

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/02/13/reminder-ryan-adams-and-bryan.html

8 Likes

How did he respond to the NYT article? He went full on Trump

8 Likes

So awful. I used to like the guy’s music. He’s always had a very rocky track-record being online, even in the early days of message boards, so it’s unfortunately not totally surprising to learn he’s awful in person.

5 Likes

Tough choice here: support the singer who has committed a number of heinous-if-not-unforgivable crimes, or the woman-abuser.

2 Likes

I have this problem with Rod Carew and Rae Carruth. One was a beloved major league baseball all-star, and one was an NFL player who paid a guy to kill his pregnant girlfriend.

Fuck Ryan Adams (spoken as a newly-minted former fan.)

Ouch, that cuts like a knife…

I’ll see myself out now

11 Likes

Never heard of either of them.

2 Likes

I didn’t even notice Dick York and Dick Sargent were different people for years.

And I used to call the amalgam of shows with the comedian “Mad About Seinfeld”

2 Likes

Know the difference.

28 Likes

Patti Smith and Patty Smyth?

6 Likes

lolwut?

6 Likes

Ryan Adams and Bryan Adams are not same guy

Historically, going to a Ryan Adams’ concert (back when that was a thing one was wont to do) and yelling out “Cuts Like a Knife!” or “Summer of '69!” would quickly teach you this very lesson.

[link to Ryan Adams diving into the crowd in mad frustration that I’m too lazy to DuckDuckGo.]

2 Likes

Is it bad that I haven’t the foggiest idea who the fuck Ryan Adams is?

5 Likes

I was going to make an “ever seen them in the same room” joke or something, but no. Bryan Adams seems like a thoroughly decent fellow whether one likes his music or not (and I began rather liking it once it stopped being heavily overplayed on the radio).

1 Like

Ian Watkins and Ian Watkins

H has done nothing wrong, while Lostprophets Ian Watkins is one of the few people who I consider to be irredeemably evil.

7 Likes

Bill Paxton and Bill Pullman

11 Likes

Really? Bryan Adams’ “Summer of '69”, “(Everything I do) I do it for you”, or “Have you ever really loved a woman”?
These days he’s been doing a lot of portrait photography.

2 Likes

Alas, only one of them is still alive. :frowning:

4 Likes

One would think he would retire and run a Tim Hortons by now.

3 Likes

“Should I have?”

4 Likes