Remix of bug-eyed megapreacher ranting about Covid-19

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/08/remix-of-bug-eyed-megapreacher.html

6 Likes

d340db8be957631cbb238fb4e4e10155

18 Likes
8 Likes

I’d say “Christ, what an asshole!” but that seems a little too on the nose in this case.

9 Likes

Metal:

or Trap:

dubstep:

whatever this is:
15 Likes

How do people in his audience keep from busting out laughing? Seriously, he’s a very funny giant headed puppet, a grotesque caricature of the snake in the Garden of Eden.

18 Likes

Yea I didn’t see anything special done to it either. Just the same fool talking just with a beat added to it :man_shrugging:t5:

2 Likes

No thanks, i’m fine. Don’t need to watch this idiot.

5 Likes

It is well-known that any given loony can gather followers. The truly amazing thing is that this clown’s followers have enough money to give him to make him obscenely wealthy. Is it just a few really rich idiots supporting him or vast herds of them giving everything they have?

Besides, this whole tithing thing is troublesome. How is it any different from the local mobster visiting a businessman with an offer he can’t refuse? “See, when my associate No-Neck Vito comes by to visit every week you give him 10% of your take and there won’t be any, ah, accidents. Shame if you were to lose your business but fires and explosions do happen. Right?” Any scholars out there know who wrote the 10% clause into the “good book” and how they got away with it?

4 Likes

What a theatrical fuck.

I expect it’s both. Elderly people of all income levels fearing the impending pit, thinking they can buy their way into God’s graces through this doink. I hope there’s a God and that Copeland gets to meet Him, briefly.

6 Likes

I’m not a scholar, but I slept at a Holiday Inn last night…

Seems like tithing is an old practice, going way back before the Xtians picked it up.

4 Likes

Gotta make bank to keep the Catherine wheels rolling.

6 Likes

12 Likes

I quite like “whatever this is.”

4 Likes

Some David Byrne and Brian Eno would make an amazing soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52s9qtbMJgM

3 Likes

The only person he’ll meet, (assuming, for the sake of argument, that there is a heaven and hell), is Saint Peter behind locked gates, just before he begins his decent into Hades and spends the rest of eternity being anally raped by an endless line of daemons wearing spiked, red-hot iron condoms.
Along with Agent Orange and the rest of the current crop of venal kleptocrats infesting the government.

1 Like

I think you raise some interesting questions. I think you are correct in stating this is another form of ‘insurance’. A fairly costly one with no immediate coverage for day to day life. At least you can call No-Neck Vito if punks are ripping off your store.

It will be interesting to see which of the various similar types of insurance start to fall by the wayside as people’s finances are hit with the pandemic. Would people give up life insurance but still pay the preacher? Car insurance? Medical? I can’t imagine patients with co-morbidities are going to get rate reductions.

It would be optimistic to think the pandemic will eradicate prosperity gospel organizations - they are sitting on too much cash. It wouldn’t be surprising to see a good percentage go though.

Look at his CPA to Copeland’s left-its going to be a very good week.

Yes, Satan is a powerful foe. . . except you can apparently defeat him just by uttering some words from the Bible.

Which means he’s not a powerful foe at all, so why should I give you money to do what I can do for free?

That looks like fun. Maybe he should lead some sort of exercise (exorcise?) video where we all get up and shout at the Roni for 20 minutes.

1 Like