Rep. Anna Paulina Luna snaps when expert witness laughs at her on the House floor (video)

Originally published at: Rep. Anna Paulina Luna snaps when border expert laughs at her

10 Likes

Wtf is an “intentional parent”?

And yuck. I didn’t think separating kids from their families at the border could get worse. But congrats MAGA lady, you did it by dragging child trafficking into the arena of terrible ideas full of cruelty

27 Likes

luna

she seems nice

idiot

Hermione idiot

14 Likes

Thought the same thing. They just string words together to sound smart.

I applaud this guy. It would take every fiber of my being to not call her a “quote unquote fucking moron”.

24 Likes

“My reality distortion field is on the fritz.”

9 Likes

this is what happens when all you know about a subject was supplied to you on a talking points sheet. there is no doubt in my mind that the bier knows 1000% times more than she does on the families at the border situation. he is there to give knowledgeable testimony. why is luna there?

13 Likes

In case you, like me, were unaware of the bonfides of this particular MAGAgenius:

• Born of two immigrants, yet is pretty anti-immigration
  • Survived childhood on welfare, yet actively campaigns against it
  • Grandfather was in the Nazi army
  • One of her grandparents, amusingly, migrated from America to Mexico
  • Wrote a book “The Legend of Naranja” from a “Christian view” and a Spanish angle about how Trump had the election stolen. Really. Currently ranked #519,790 in Amazon book rankings.
9 Likes

Projecting her own ignorance on the expert witness, yep, she’s signalling her Republican credentials. (-‸ლ)

12 Likes

I will say that her assertion that these children are being trafficked isn’t a new one.

I am astounded by people’s capacity to do actual measurable harm in order to allegedly prevent purely hypothetical harm.

11 Likes

Something about accusation … confession.
Nevermind, fuck these fascists.

9 Likes

Gotta love those ladder-pullers. “My family came here, and we got ours! To hell with everyone else! Put their babies in cages!”
BossyHardAddax

19 Likes

Benedict Cumberbatch Drinking GIF

11 Likes

I’d say its a parent who adopted.
Because at most biological parents chose to have a child, they don’t choose the particular children they have - it’s semi-random genetic chance. And that’s clearly less intentional than adopting a specific child.

No clue what the fuck that has to do with this hearing…

8 Likes

She obviously had no intentions of listening… and understanding ain’t in her wheelhouse.

Where TF is this creature from… let’s see…
Florida! Tampa area…
Looks like her district was found to be illegally gerrymandered, so she might not be around much longer.
We shall see.

I hope I live long enough to see the MAGAts flushed down the toilet of history.

8 Likes

Someone from a state with proper reproductive healthcare.

7 Likes

That would make sense coming out of someone else’s mouth. As would the answer @Mitchell gave. But this is MAGA lady with a rotten brain and an even more rotten moral compass. I don’t see anyone advocating tearing children away from their parents using a term that means something so sensible

12 Likes

If they actually thought they were being trafficked, and wanted to address it, response 1 would be to do a quick genetic test. Step 2 would be to investigate what’s going on if they aren’t related as claimed. Step 3 would be to properly care for the children if it turns out there’s foul play.

That’s not the plan.

9 Likes

Her claims are emotional manipulation for twitter views that can be edited to make her look like she’s the only person trying to save stolen children and the evil big state is trying to smuggle them in.

The clip just makes her look sincere to her audience who sincerely believe this and makes him look like a dumbass for making claims he cant support.

9 Likes

Let’s not forget that a significant number of those children have not yet been found.

They were forcibly adopted away from their families with no documentation, and thus no follow-up has occurred because it’s not even possible.

For all we know, they are sleeping in basements and only let out to do housekeeping and yard work.

We were talking about human trafficking, right?

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.