Rep. Debbie Dingell on Trump: 'This President Doesn't Give a Damn About People!' [VIDEO]

I squarely blame Trump and the Republican Party for this.

They are the ones who have been dicking along with appointing federal judges, Supreme Court justices, and having bogus investigations into election fraud, the Mueller report, and Joe Biden while multiple relief bills have been collecting dust in the Senate inbox since spring.

With the current political climate there was never any chance of there being a “clean” COVID relief bill.

I wish I could say all those fuckers will be voted out in two years, but I’m not holding my breath.

8 Likes

I guess, but if you passed them separately then it could be framed “The Republicans are blocking your Covid relief.”

Now it is framed, “The Democrats are spending your money on foreign countries and missiles and keeping the Kennedy Center flush with cash, even though it is closed.” etc etc.

2 Likes

I think we need to stop worrying about the GOP vilifying Dems for things they do. If Dems don’t do it, they will still be vilified for it, so fuck it.

I mean, politically, in some ways it is freeing to know your opponents are going to fling the same shit no matter what, so you might as well go for it.

12 Likes

I hate that man so much, but I also think we need to spread the blame around. Anyone in the Senate can call a vote on a bill if they can get a total of 51 senators to agree to call it to a vote. They have given away this power for decades, opting to cede the power to the party leaders.
So why were no other senators working to build coalitions and call for votes? At the very least, they could call for votes and get more lawmakers on record as opposing popular bills.

4 Likes

No. That’s 70 years of American foreign policy. Trump is their victory lap.

4 Likes

Everything wrong with the DNC in a single line.
The entire GOP doesn’t give a damn about people and haven’t sine at least Regan and probably not since the Gilded Age. (Examples to the contrary welcome. Good luck finding anything more than lip service.)
And when Donnie’s gone and the pending bill dies thanks to his sadism and there’s not another stimulus bill under Biden, I suppose the Dems will still be blaming Trump instead of his party.
Ten again, the DNC wants to be a kinder, gentler GOP, compassionate conservatives, an alternative, not an opposition and here we are.
Donnie is the culmination of decades of GOP bullshit, worsened because Trump, a toxic pathology, has no meaningful boundaries (and the establishment media are fine with it).

5 Likes

passive voice doing a lot of heavy lifting there.

2 Likes

Reagan didn’t give a shit about people either. Especially gay people dying of AIDS and Black people trying to vote. there is a direct line between Reagan’s coalition and Trump’s. He just managed to put a more grandfatherly face on his inhumanity.

9 Likes

Again: it’s the entire party. Pay policy has been to disregard the well-being of both nation and its people. Can’t separate a few from the entirety of the party. No greater enemy has the nation ever had than the GOP.

I don’t disagree. My point was that Reagan was an asshole too and in fact was probably the key to the long term shift in the GOP.

4 Likes

Best I can come up with is Eisenhower.

3 Likes

Eisenhower benefited from the post-WWII economic boom. He also put the vile Dulles brothers in charge of foreign policy, thereby outsourcing same to Wall Street and originating neocon policies and making the world safe for rapacious capitalism.

Good try; Ike was less awful than many other Republicans but still bad.

Good try — thanks! — bad example :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Absolutely true - simply “least bad.” Of course, right now he’d be just to the right of The Squad…

7 Likes

I don’t know what that means - other than yes, I am use passive voice too often.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.