Rep. Jimmy Gomez introduces resolution to expel Marjorie Taylor Greene

Also, because I don’t really have anywhere else to put this and it needs to be everywhere:

This is your new Interior Secretary! :call_me_hand:t3:

This is what America’s future looks like if it deserves it.

32 Likes

While we are in the honoring Women"s Month in the USA, please acquaint [when time permits] yourselves with this wonderful Sister, Woman, Fannie Lou Hamer. My teacher [Frederica Stevens, POC] in grade school from 3rd - 8th grade was a huge admirer.
My deepest regards to the Women/POC that came out in numbers to rid our country of tRump and his followers, I haven’t a proper way to narrate my humble and deepest of regards to these folks that fought for our country in these dire times. I will not forget their collective will, I won’t stop fighting, we all owe them gratitude, it is the least we could do. VOTE VOTE VOTE!

20 Likes

I miss the days of sensible Republicans who weren’t out to destroy the country.

10 Likes

Yeah. I’m from there. Not all of it. There are some good people there and there was the KKK hanging out in PUBLIC in the 90s.

10 Likes

I’m happy to see she’s from the district (Ringgold, up in Catoosa, on the border, too). MTG is from the North Atlanta suburbs.

8 Likes

Imagine if you’d told people 30 years ago that one day this man would be one of the most thoughtful, sensible, well-spoken voices left in the GOP.

arnold

(Granted that’s not exactly a high bar, but still)

22 Likes

On the internet we’ve learned that you’re not supposed to feed the trollies or leave them, you’re supposed to ban them. Which is exactly what this resolution is trying to do.

28 Likes

If only we could handle the GOP now like he did the greedy kid eating everyone’s food in Kindergarten Cop.

"Are those awl your launches? You’ve been eating other peoples launches? STOP IT!!!

9 Likes

Maybe we should wait until she sneaks a firearm into the House chamber and starts picking off her colleagues until we hold a vote to expel her? Because that’s the next level of escalation for the MTGs in Congress.

14 Likes

cue the “republic, not a democracy” arguments.

2 Likes

It’s also worth noting that the key difference between a bunch of random trolls and a fascist regime is whether or not the trolls are allowed to occupy actual positions of power and influence.

Greene might be an outlier for now, but if we allow her to remain in congress we’re essentially conceding that the full range of right-wing nonsense between her and the “mainstream” GOP falls within the spectrum of acceptable behavior for Federal legislators. If the insurrection-supporting “Jewish Space Lasers” lady gets to stay then anyone with even marginally less batshit racist viewpoints can’t get kicked out either.

21 Likes

Can I borrow your time machine for the weekend?

4 Likes

As long as you bring it back before you take it

16 Likes

SHOULD be… but they’re afraid of losing those sweet, sweet cult votes that are keeping the GoP just barely alive like drinking unicorn blood.

6 Likes

They are cancelling Magic The Gathering?!

7 Likes

MTG gives Dems nothing. Everyone with a shred of human decency already knows what a threat she is, and her insane ranting isn’t going to turn away Republican voters- this is exactly what they want and expect of their elected officials, and they are loving every hateful word she spews. I can’t believe I still need to say this EVEN NOW, but: you are not going to get the Republicans back by shaming them, compromising with them or having a factual argument. They’re cultists, and they’re in for life. They need to be utterly crushed and all their traitorous bullshit needs to be fought at every possible level.

11 Likes

Oh, you mean the Republicans that refused to impeach and/or convict HWSNBN? Twice?
You mean the Republicans that still won’t acknowledge that the last elections weren’t riddled with Voter Fraud?(1)
You mean the Republicans that still parrot the various & numerous lies of HWSNBN… and absolutely cannot be trusted to bargain in good faith about anything?
Those Republicans?(2)
Suuure…

(1)Yeah, Election Fraud was rampant, but that’s another subject for another time
(2)Given their frantic efforts to further restrict voting rights, etc, they can rightfully be called Fascists
EDIT: tyop

9 Likes

Related:

8 Likes

What’s the actual protocol for expulsion - shoot-out in the Capitol Rotunda?

5 Likes

As a person outside of the US (no skin in the game) I’m interested in how 9/11 had repercussions around the world, the universal tightening of airport security, some wars in the middle east… and yet somehow some knucklehead white conservative extremists can broach your government center…

Most right wing pundits and politicians get media coverage allowing easily identifiable bullshit and noise to be part of the media cycle…

Yep, ‘fake news’ is everywhere on all sides, just want a little believable editorial!

2 Likes