Rep. Raskin perfectly compares Biden impeachment mystery to Agatha Christie novel (video)

Originally published at: Rep. Raskin perfectly compares Biden impeachment mystery to Agatha Christie novel (video) | Boing Boing

7 Likes

The Mysterious Affair at D.C.

7 Likes

The GOP is literally doing what they’ve long accused Democrats of doing with Trump: going on a fishing expedition. They’ve found nothing so far in all their investigations. I have no idea what they imagine a formal impeachment inquiry is going to uncover that they haven’t had the ability to uncover already, but go ahead, I guess. I can’t imagine this will help their re-election chances.

14 Likes

Yeah, that’s not how this works. It is not “impeach, then find a reason.” This is utter bullshit.

GIF by Giphy QA

11 Likes

I see Dumb Witness was already an actual Christie novel, so I’ll go with Endless Investigation.

13 Likes

By the way, in civil law, when you file a lawsuit, you actually have to have some evidence to support your claims, even before discovery. And the rules are actually pretty strict, arguably stricter than they should be. You can’t just file a lawsuit on a hunch that someone has committed some tort without any evidence whatsoever, and then use discovery to find the evidence.

And there’s a similar rule in criminal law. You can’t just arrest someone on a hunch, and then get a warrant based on that hunch to go search their house and try to find a crime to charge them with. That would violate the 4th Amendment and the 5th Amendment, at the very least.

13 Likes

Endless Investigation, the enthralling sequel to But, Her Emails!

Harvard Review: “War and Peace, except written for utter morons.”

8 Likes

If you go around saying “Biden Crime Family” all the time then naturally you’re going to convince yourself there must be a crime here somewhere, otherwise why would you be saying “Biden Crime Family” all the time. Q.E.D.

“He’s guilty as sin, we just have to prove it.”

“Guilty of what?”

“Well. . . crime, obviously.”

9 Likes

I think there were one or two Campion stories in which the deceased died by his own hand, having schemed to place the blame on his enemies, real or imagined.

2 Likes

5 Likes

“Why are we here?”
“To solve a murder.”
“Whose murder?”
“Mine.”

4 Likes

Ordeal_by_Innocence_First_Edition_Cover_1958

8 Likes

Unspecified Crime on the Nile

12 Likes

221 Little Idiots

9 Likes

It’s the Judge Dredd theory of criminality:

MAN: But I’m innocent, judge!

DREDD: No one is innocent, citizen. We are merely here to determine the LEVEL of your guilt.

10 Likes

They are similar in that they are both works of fiction. :confused:

4 Likes

Republicans projecting. If they seem to be innocent, then you know they are guilty as Hell of something.

2 Likes

I’ve got a couple:

Dumb Witless
They Do It With Smoke and Mirrors
Elephants Can’t Remember
A Load of Merde On The Congressional Express
Crooked House Republicans

6 Likes

Nothing On The Capitol Express

6 Likes

Keep in mind this only the first impeachment of Uncle Joe by Lord Dampnut’s worshipers in the House.
There will be at least THREE impeachments, since Lord Dampnut was impeached twice.
It doesn’t matter that the charges will be utter nonsense, and that the Senate will never convict, anyway…

Lord Dampnut demands no less.

I look for them to start multiple impeachments, since time is growing short before the next election.
After all, Lord Dampnut will soon regain his rightful office & will promptly have Uncle Joe executed, so they gotta act fast & get those three impeachments into the history books.
/s

7 Likes