Continuing the discussion from “Reply as New Topic” purpose?:
So, who gets notified when someone starts a new topic in reply to an old one?
- Does the original poster get a notification about this reply?
- Does the author of the particular post I split the conversation at
get a notification?
- Will anyone who was tracking this topic get a notification? And will they now be automatically tracking the new topic too?
And on the related subject of split topics:
- If a moderator splits several posts to a new topic, that moderator shows up as the original poster. Does the user whose post initiated the conversation that had to be excised from the original topic receive any kind of notification? Will they be tracking the new topic?
- Do the users who’s posts have been moved get a notification that their posts are now somewhere else? Will they automatically be following that topic now? Will they continue to receive notifications about the original topic?