Report: Carrie Fisher suffers heart attack

The body may be stable, but 30 minutes of CPR rarely turns out well for the brain.

:frowning:

12 Likes

Be well good person.

6 Likes

That is good to hear. When I heard it was an international flight, the time factor was worrying. Lets hope for the best.

5 Likes

~sigh~

2 Likes

We want this to be about us and our feelings, but she’s the one with the heart attack. I hope she gets well.

10 Likes

I am trying to be optimistic.

2 Likes

/I put on my robe and black hat

But hopefully not today.

11 Likes

i hope things go well for her.

…can’t help but think of the scene from “the man with one red shoe” and imagine an ambulance ride complete with the tarzan sounds and jim belushi on a bicycle.

2 Likes

Where is that from?

The Blues Brothers. She has a thing for Belushi (right? not Ackroyd?), and this is how she shows love.

8 Likes

Weird. I don’t remember that scene. Thanks. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, not quite! Jake Blues ditched her at the altar, so she’s out to get him. But it’s true that when it comes down to it she still can’t resist him :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

Good point, that’s not quite the same thing. Like antdude, I forgot most of that whole subplot. Ditching at the altar justifies a flame-thrower I’d say. Or rocket-propelled grenade now that it’s coming back to me.

2 Likes

I have seen that movie ever so many times :smiley:

15 Likes

Yep. I’m reminded of Michael Schumacher - the Formula 1 star who had a skiing accident and reportedly hasn’t recovered to this day. If your brain shuts down even for some minutes, that’s bad news.

3 Likes

If the next four years “Trump” this one for bad news and catastrophe, a lot of us probably won’t be left to look back on anything…

(Jesus, though, I thought we were at least done. The “who we lost” montages were already going to be twice as long and depressing this New Years. If they end up prefacing them with “the year we lost a prince and a princess” I think I’ll be going into a news blackout for a while…)

6 Likes

Ackroyd and Fisher were dating in real life during the movie and apparently the entire cast was floating high on coke the whole time. It was the early 80’s after all…

9 Likes

Best wishes Ms Carrie – may the Snark be with you.

13 Likes

Hope she gets better soon. Also: what is this nonsense of blaming things on a particular year?

1 Like

Such a stupid accident too, that ought to remind us that we are all one thoughtless second away from disaster. (I’m not blaming Schumacher at all, just pointing out that he risked his life for many years on the racetrack and then suffered the sort of unpredictable accident that could happen to a novice skier. The Norns are cruel.)

3 Likes