Cyriak details his recent heart attack: "It was horrible"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/08/cyriak-details-his-recent-heart-attack-it-was-horrible.html

16 Likes

Is it a sign 2020 is ending that he survived?

19 Likes

Geeze, i absolutely love his work and i’m glad he survived :frowning:

17 Likes

Oh no! I’m a huge Cyriak fan, glad he pulled through.

12 Likes

He’s lucky that he also didn’t leave with a crippling medical bill. I’m glad he survived.

16 Likes

The Tories are working on that, but for now we can all be glad.

12 Likes

Heart attack? Only now? 0_o

He’s doing okay, now, right? :+1::+1: :smiley:

10 Likes

:fearful:

Get well soon, Cyriak

8 Likes

I can confirm the desperately wanting / needing to sleep but being in a room of various unpleasant noises is definitely the worst part of hospital after the initial pain subsides.

9 Likes

Yes. Perhaps the year needed a documentarian.

Well who better else to condense the year into a meaningful short clip so others can understand what 2020 was like. It not like this year was didn’t give us a collective form of Indigestion and was more disturbing as the aftermath of aliens abducting cows .

I for one am looking forward to him collecting this years worst and showing it to us, but I am worried as to what a psychic heart attack will look like when he shares it with us.

4 Likes

7 Likes

After that I was ready to go home, with a carrier bag full of pills and no shoes on my feet, because I wasn’t wearing any when it happened. I guess the moral of the story is, always wear shoes when you are having a heart attack. But also dont have one.

Also wear durable clothing if you get hit by a truck. The hospital nurses aren’t as nice if they think you’re homeless because the truck that hit you busted you right out of your jeans.

7 Likes

Jeez! He can’t be older than 40.

2 Likes

The Google says 46.

5 Likes

I’m kind of imagining his heart popping out of his chest, dividing and recombining until the medics chase it back in.

Glad that he’s doing better.

17 Likes

Thank you. If nothing else, I now know the name for what is now a ubiquitous effect:

5 Likes

ugh this does not help me sleep at night

1 Like

Please, Please, Please everyone take care of yourselves. Heart attacks can come during the relief after a long period of stress. Ahem, like right now. Get your shoes on.

They all vary. Mine was more like a kicked in the nuts feeling all over, and a lot of sweat. Point is if you feel unwell (especially in a way you have never felt before), don’t delay in asking for help.

To be embarrassed and alive is wonderful!

For me, no shirt. Smelly; no working cell; alone in a foreign city; no taxis anywhere. What an adventure I am happy to be able to share.

13 Likes

Glad you’re still with us. Imagine all the enemies you’ve outlived :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Thank you. I am working on re-framing my thoughts so that they are more positive. Such as “Imagine living longer with loved ones”. It helps to handle stress like the year this past week.

8 Likes