Report: Some U.S. poultry factory workers wear diapers at work because they're denied bathroom breaks

I don’t want to eat that chicken.

Fuck that chicken.

Looks like a good argument to avoid red meat and some legumes. Eggs and chicken look downright reasonable. Not sure that’s convincing me to ignore my canine teeth. Any other reasons?

2 Likes

Eh, there’s a lot of back and forth.

Honestly, if you really want to be self-righteous about how eco-friendly your food is, eat bugs. They basically have a 1:1 gallon of water:pound of “bugmeat” ratio. Extremely efficient. Very lean. Versatile as a groundup flower.

5 Likes

Honestly, I don’t want to be self righteous at all. That’s why I asked about the veganism.

Know how to spot a vegan? Wait. They’ll tell you all about it.

1 Like

Was just trying to add a little levity. Didn’t mean anything by it.

3 Likes

Yeah, lets not make this a vegan thread. :slight_smile:

This is about workers rights and dignity.

2 Likes

At this point in history I’m leaning toward the view that America is a third world country in first world trappings.

7 Likes

I am, frankly, shocked at how low “pork” is on the list. I would never have guessed that it was more water-efficient than chicken.

4 Likes

Saving water – more support for my ovo-baco-vegetarian diet…

5 Likes

Vegan won’t solve forced larbor.

I’m going to assume that there’s not some sort of linear or exponential improvement up until the point where you lose sphincter control. If I had to guess, there’s probably a plateau in improvement, followed by pain and distraction and loss of productivity, leading to a low but constant lesser focus and productivity as you become aware that you work for a company that has caused you to soil yourself, and have to continue to dismember carcasses whilst wearing a soggy nappie.

2 Likes

This is an excellent question!!
But as public washrooms are also sadly lacking in many US cities I woukd say there is an undercurrent of something else at work too. (Seriously you find a public toilet in downtown LA that isn’t attached to a business!)

2 Likes

When they tell you where to poop, that’s when you know freedom has died.
^ intended as joke, re-read as sad.

2 Likes
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.