Republican congressman briefly unsure whether admitting rape would disqualify Trump

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/10/12/republican-congressman-briefly.html

2 Likes

Congressman admits having no understanding of right, wrong.

29 Likes

Gomer effing Pyle is slow witted, film at 11.

2 Likes

Huh, apparently politicians can operate without a brain just like lawyers!!

Relevant story:

Lawyer: "Doctor, before you performed the autopsy, did you check for a pulse?"
Witness: "No."
Lawyer: "Did you check for blood pressure?"
Lawyer: "Did you check for breathing?"
Lawyer: "So, then it is possible that the patient was alive when you began the autopsy?"
Lawyer: "How can you be so sure, Doctor?"
Witness: "Because his brain was sitting on my desk in a jar."
Lawyer: "But could the patient have still been alive nevertheless?"
Witness: “Yes, it is possible that he could have been alive and practicing law somewhere.”

27 Likes

Well, you have to weigh a raping Republican against more important issues, like whether he’s running against a Democrat.

27 Likes

That is not the kind of man I believe Donald Trump to be.

Yet…

7 Likes

It’s not about right and wrong, it’s about winning elections. You can worry about right and wrong when you write your autobiography.

EDIT: Is autohagiography a word?

14 Likes

I’m not surprised at this. It’s not the first time Farenhold has made a fool of himself on national tv. He tied himself in knots trying to justify his birther stance with Chris Matthews. He tries to appear somewhat moderate on the national level but I suspect back home among his constituency he is a RW as he can be.

2 Likes

But are we talking legitimate rape here? Rape-rape, or just the other kind?

16 Likes

Well to be honest that’s a question that requires some thinking time, I mean there’s no real clear answer so that calls for a little reflection on the facts at hand…

12 Likes

I hate the fact that this election has turned into a contest of “Which candidate has the least troubling background regarding matters of sexual assault?”. Isn’t there a politician out there that doesn’t have this sort of history?

2 Likes

Finally Republicans are realizing they shouldn’t take everything Trump says at face value.

10 Likes

Bernie? Wait, he doesn’t love jesus, so that won’t work.

12 Likes

At this late stage in tRump’s campaign, I’m pretty much writing off any of his supporters as hopeless - including my extended family. Absolutely no excuses or justifications at this point in the game.

3 Likes

So being a member of Congress doesn’t teach you how to consider hypothetical or possible questions. Interesting.

I would have cut the guy some slack if it had been a truly hypothetical question with no surrounding context, if the exchange had been something like this:

Congressman: And that’s how I propose to pay for the traffic improvements.
Anchor: Would you support an unnamed candidate who’d admitted committing rape?
Congressman: (Pause) Well…I’m confused by the question. Obviously no, but why are you bringing it up?

The Republican party’s presidential candidate has bragged that his wealth is a license to commit assault and is facing charges of raping an underage girl. If Farenthold was unprepared for that question he hasn’t been paying attention.

9 Likes

I wonder to what extant the practice of religion, with its emphasis on faith and believing things that you want to be true despite evidence to the contrary primes people to be a sucker to charlatans like Trump.

4 Likes

What? Hillary has a history of sexual assault! Better get that story out there. It’s a scoop.

11 Likes

give them some time. most people have a really hard time backing down from arguments which involve personal identity. even when they know they are wrong, the tendency is to dig in.

my bet is some of them simply won’t vote, and in a few months they’ll be able to say, well i never liked him that much.

it’s all about saving face. ( not that they wouldn’t… ummm… trumpet to the high hills if their side wins. )

4 Likes

#rape isn’t a hypothetical issue.

i’m sure he wouldn’t have been thrown by a hypothetical murder or hypothetical genocide or whatever.

i think the real issue is the cognitive dissonance they’ve already had to muster to keep supporting this ass-hat that the questions if they would continue to support him if X short circuits their brains. they passed that turnoff miles and miles ago.

on the other hand, i’ve always wondered how people could have supported hitler, now i have a bit better of an understanding. (sorry to godwin, but trump makes it so tempting)

14 Likes

It’s common knowledge that Killary sex-murdered Vince Foster and possibly dozens more.

Russian hackers found the following exchange in Hillary’s email:

8 Likes