Republican lawmaker screams racial slurs and exposes self on Sacha Baron Cohen show

Ah, the victim card again. Seems like any time a Republican these days gets into trouble, the go-to response – instead of owning up to what they did – is to cry like a three year old while pointing a finger at some fabricated bully.

9 Likes

It’s part and parcel of the authoritarian mindset. “I’m always right,” “you’re always wrong, you filthy liberal,” and “I didn’t do it, it was done to me.”

As a parent, it pushes one of my buttons pretty hard. To hear it repeatedly from adults who claim to be responsible makes my blood boil.

9 Likes

Yeah, we also have John Lewis, so there’s that.

6 Likes

Again… John Lewis is also a GA politician. We’re not all racist assholes, I promise. Especially, you know the large black community in GA.

9 Likes

This craziness overshadows another craziness on that episode, where self-described racists in Kingman, AZ, said, “We don’t want blacks here, either, but we tolerate them”. I wish that segment had gotten more attention. Cohen pretended that a large Mosque was going to be built in Kingman, and invited people to a town-hall type meeting to discuss it. Now, the pictures of the mosque showed a large, over-the-top building; I think he could have gotten the same reaction if he had shown pictures of a reasonably-sized mosque, but of course he was going for shock value.

1 Like

Thankfully, it’s not yet too late for the pebbles to vote.

2 Likes

Yup. I think I saw this on Splinter, and thought it was appropriate:

8 Likes

I’ve already trademarked “Racist Ass Exposure Man” as a book series.

Don’t tell me there’s prior use. Please, for the love of whatever divine being or beings there may be, please don’t…

3 Likes

Update: Looks like he’s going to stand down.

I’m wearing my trousers at half mast in his direction to comemorate his legacy.

8 Likes

Are you trying to pre-empt the fetish romance ebook cartel?

2 Likes

Thanks for explaining that.
(I was a bit worried for a moment, seeing as John Lewis is probably among the most, if not THE most respected UK retailer, among a large swathe of the (mostly middle class) population. Not least because ALL staff are partners - it is formally the John Lewis Partnership.)

Not really to you, here, but a general comment about the whole “let’s pretend only the south is the problem in America” mindset (which is common among many people):

I get a little sick of being told that I’m a backwoods redneck asshole, when I’m most certainly not (nor are many of my fellow citizens down here). I get sick of being told that we’re all responsible for all bad things in America, and “maybe we should let the south go” when despite slavery and racism being part of our history, we also gave America the civil rights movement, in both ideology and form and manpower (primarily in the form of black activism, but also some whites, too).

Those of us who live in the south are well aware of the amount of racism that still exists here and the long struggle ahead of us in showing the way to a better tomorrow. It’s southerners who remain primarily on the front lines of the struggle and it would be nice if you didn’t paint us all with the same damn brush. And honestly, call ME whatever you want, but how about you give some respect for the many people of color who decided to STAY and struggle for a better world for all of us.

That’s really the only reason I mentioned THE John Lewis (cause there really is only one JOHN LEWIS).

Again, say whatever the fuck you want about my white ass. I don’t care. But don’t ignore the people who have put their bodies on the line to make this world a better place.

john-lewis-troy-ala

11 Likes

grumpy-cat-good

3 Likes

You beat me to it.

I still don’t care for Cohen’s brand of humor, but if exposes literal assclowns like Spencer and shames them out of office, then more power to him.

2 Likes

Yeah. I mean the guy had already lost his primary and was going to be out anyway by January, but the fact that he was so easily “tricked” into doing such horrible things shows that he needs to go yesterday.

6 Likes

Cohen is a great patriot.
ANd he’s not even American (as far as I know).

And then, the very next day:

At the very least, they should not have guns for a while. That’s just reasonable, and they fear it.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.