Republican lawmaker who dared AOC to come visit coal miners in his constituency gets scared, withdraws offer

Given the occupant of the Oval Office, how about orange?

2 Likes

Orange Kryptonite – Sounds like a job for Krypto the Super Dog! Orange kryptonite gives animals superpowers! (Krypto the Super Dog #4)

Hm, probably not.

5 Likes

Dangit, I should have guessed there’s orange kryptonite already!

5 Likes

“Civility” is a cudgel used on those who ask unpleasant questions or bring up issues one would rather not address. It’s Republican Newspeak.

19 Likes

Brilliant comeback. Brilliant.

3 Likes

Except there are no mines in Barr’s district which makes all of his posturing ring even more hollow.

14 Likes

It sure lasts longer than 48 hours.

2 Likes

She could go, and just NOT SAY A WORD, leave as soon as it was over. It would drive them batty.

2 Likes

Aha, see this is their real tactic. If AOC comes out in support of the people of Kentucky, then the GOP can run on “screw the people of Kentucky!” because it’ll own the Libs, right?

12 Likes

I fully expect that if one day Obama encouraged Americans to go out side and take some deep breaths of fresh air, you would have reports of people passing out from holding their breaths.

And more to your point, they will claim AOC doesn’t really care, she is giving lip service. Which, to be fair, most politicians do.

10 Likes

As an aside, I wonder what percentage of conservatives are even aware of the context of that Ilhan Omar quote. Perhaps her phrasing was disrespectful, but the rest of the speech was about how Muslims have been disrespected as a matter of course in the US, since way before 9/11. A country “founded on religious freedom”. . . unless you are a Muslim.

11 Likes

To be fair, I don’t think the two have to be mutually exclusive.

9 Likes

I read those words but do not understand what they mean. There is such a thing as “too many”?

2 Likes

I’m getting a serious “Sword of Shannara” vibe from the GOP, more and more. Sure, they seem scary. And yes, as long as the still-living continue to follow their program, they have plenty of (stolen) power. But the lightest touch of objective truth to their political platform shreds it like smoke…

3 Likes

Political Venn diagrams are weird. I know a guy who is both a huge Trump fan and a huge AOC fan.

2 Likes

Sounds like he’s a fan of sticking it to the man? But same with Sanders and Trump. That doesn’t have to be a very deep analysis, though.

8 Likes

If an authoitarian blowhard like trump isn’t “the man” I don’t know who is.

3 Likes

I realize that, but he positioned himself as a washington outsider, and people bought it.

7 Likes

FTFY.

Hate to say it, but any sane person who didn’t see 45 for the obvious flim-flam con that he is actively wanted to be fooled, IMO.

12 Likes

I suspect that some people saw him as a flim-flam man and STILL voted for him, primarily because they are self-centered assholes who want to watch the world burn and the rest of us suffer. They’d rather tear down the entire system rather than figure out a way forward with our shared problems.

10 Likes