Republican Roy Moore launches 2020 Alabama Senate campaign

If Moore somehow gets the nomination (there are other normal-for-Alabama Republicans running), Jones wins. If not, not. Luther Strange, the fellow Moore beat in the primary, would have beat Jones by 10 points.

3 Likes

Where else but on the campaign trail can you kiss so many babies?

7 Likes

I have to wonder why nobody is trying to primary Trump. Not one of the so-called principled conservatives in that party has the guts to stand against him as an alternative candidate. Even just to give their members a choice between competent and incompetent fascism.

2 Likes

William Weld is.

4 Likes

His poll numbers are pretty bad.
He’s stuck in the teens.

5 Likes

Came here to see it again (even though I have a copy of it, too)
Wasn’t disappointed, lol’d instead.
Probably my favourite meme, in the world, wow. much respect.

1 Like

The cream of Alabama voters is solidly behind him (and thrusting).

4 Likes

Exposing the little girl to that shit should constitute child endangerment and warrant removal. Assholes all.

2 Likes

Truly.

Alabama is a state of confusion.

I’m sending him expired cheez whiz cans

A subhuman crust of filth like Roy Moore shouldn’t be running for political office – he should be running from the law.

3 Likes

Doug Jones has spent the last year doing everything possible to destroy any support he may have from progressive voters.

Because in this case, it bolsters the argument that he’s a pedophile, even if there’s a disclaimer after. BB is not above clickbait asshattery.

It’s funny because he set it up himself as a harebrained PR stunt to “prove” his innocence among people who aren’t aware that lie detectors are unreliable, and even on those easy-mode terms somehow managed to bungle it.

3 Likes

And if said progressive voters have any sense at all, they’ll turn out to vote for Jones, and encourage everyone they know to do the same.

I don’t know how good or bad Jones actually is, but I do know that any Republican that would replace him would be worse. Moore is almost certainly the worst of the lot, but anybody running for the Senate as a Republican in Alabama is going to be terrible.

Also, no matter how good or bad Jones is, he counts as one more seat towards Democrats gaining control of the Senate, which would be a huge deal.

So yeah, this is yet again one of those cases where people shouldn’t let their moral indignation and ideological purity get in the way of doing the right thing.

2 Likes

It’s a bit like someone saying “if I’m lying, may lightning strike me dead” just before taking 30,000 amps to the noggin.

2 Likes

Which is worse: the enemy standing in front of you, or the enemy standing behind you?

When I say that progressives won’t vote for right-wing Dems, I am not making a statement about what people should do. I’m making a statement about what people will do.

Especially in places like Alabama, poor and Black people are not going to eternally continue to put their safety at risk just in order to elect treacherous scum.

If you want people to vote for your party, offer them a candidate worth voting for. It isn’t a complicated concept.

1 Like

I know which is better: the ally I don’t completely agree with standing next to me.

1 Like

Good reason to oppose the high-capacity magazine ban. Eleven assholes who want me dead just for my ancestry. And one kid who should be taken away from them and given a chance at a decent life

1 Like

This is not a state that makes sense on any given Tuesday:

She has just had the charges dropped, after a week of thinking she was going to be charged with manslaughter. THIS HAPPENED IN ALABAMA.

3 Likes