Republican senators supporting Trump again after denouncing him

Not any more, dammit.

7 Likes

I haven’t listened to this, no idea what it is like…

7 Likes

I’m wonder how many people who criticized the Republicans for not standing by their principles were furious that people voting Nader because of their principles basically handed Bush the 2000 election.

The Republican vacillation in the face of their horror-show of a candidate is because there are two competing principles: (1) it is bad to support a candidate of awful character and (2) it is bad to let the opposition’s bad principles have run of the country for the next few years.

A useful question to ask is how awful would a Democratic candidate have to be before you’d consider their gaining office was less bad than having the Republicans in complete control of all aspects of the government.

I suspect the answer for most of us would be pretty mind-bendingly bad.

The fact that any Republicans have forsaken their support is an indication of just how mind-bendingly bad their candidate actually is.

3 Likes

The party of principles makes it ever so clear that power is the only one that matters

1 Like

I always thought Obama/Biden sounded like a stool softener.

1 Like

This is how I assume he’s saying it.

1 Like

really? I’d be running through there as fast as possible.

1 Like

If I ever visited the White House, it would be for reasons of history, not hysteria.

3 Likes

Well Played.

Grope and Chains.

1 Like

My fault-- I should have put the second paragraph first.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.