Republican state senator does deeply cringey Yoda impression on stage at Trump rally (video)

Originally published at: Republican state senator does deeply cringey Yoda impression on stage at Trump rally (video) | Boing Boing

4 Likes

That’s… actually a very good quote.

18 Likes

georgie must have read it somewhere…and then he made the prequels.

6 Likes

29mm9q

3 Likes

Natalie Portman Politics GIF by Star Wars

9 Likes

4 Likes

That’s not a very good quote. That’s a great quote. That pisses me off. Why can’t he write dialogue like that in his films?!

9 Likes

Yoda always was pretty reactionary.

6 Likes

8 Likes

Is it Biden or Trump that’s facing four indictments, and already had both a “university” and “charity” shut down by the courts for being scams?

If only Biden would come out on stage and hug and kiss an American flag with a shit-eating grin on his face, then we’d know for sure he really cares about our country.

9 Likes

Republican vote for, must you not.

4 Likes

Which campaign literally likened themselves to the genocidal Empire again?

6 Likes

One only needs to do that if one is known far and wide for symbolically shitting on it and on the country.

2 Likes

Season 1 Nbc GIF by The Good Place

2 Likes

This is either of the most ignorant misreadings of Star Wars I have ever encountered, or a new Orwellian apex for this movement’s propaganda.

4 Likes

Both

3 Likes
  1. It peters out half way through.

2. It sounds more like a Bobcat Goldthwait towards the end.

4 Likes

As George Lucas explained numerous times over the years, the dark side was greed, self-centeredness, fear, anger, hate, bitterness, possessiveness, not being able to let go of things—and thus, it was the opposite of the light side of the Force, which was compassion, caring about others, love, fairness, charity and hope. He stressed that the dark and light sides are not malevolent or benevolent in themselves, but one must stay on the light side to keep the Force in balance and do the right thing.

Because the first thing I think of with Trump is compassion, caring about others, love, fairness, charity and hope.

But only in the sense that there are holes in his psyche shaped like them.

4 Likes

… they should have had Palpatine take over by promising to eradicate the Sith :thinking:

… hard to beat blaming Antifa for the Capitol insurrection though :thinking:

1 Like