Republican State Senator's "business degree" turns out to be from Sizzler Steakhouse

Best case scenario, he leaves politics and becomes a manager at Cinnibon.

11 Likes

It worked for Saul Goodman

8 Likes

I got mine at Pancho’s Mexican Buffet. That way to get a second degree all that you have to do is raise the flag …

6 Likes

…Hello? *BLAM*

2 Likes

Now that’s an epic face-wall.

9 Likes

I has a confuze.

2 Likes

"Chelgren has a history in Iowa of courting controversy. Since his election in 2010, Chelgren has taken heat for likening state-funded preschool to Nazi indoctrination, calling for the executions of illegal aliens who commit felonies, and for backing legislation that would require teachers to carry guns in schools.

Before wading into politics, the married father of four who represents blue collar Ottumwa, Iowa, was best known as “Chickenman,” a fun-loving party animal who would often take part in an annual bike ride across the state wearing just a hat with a little beak on the bill."

18 Likes

No Radar O’Reilly, he!

9 Likes

Good ol’

6 Likes

Dude’s eminently removable by the looks of it. Up for reelection next year?

https://ballotpedia.org/Mark_Chelgren

3 Likes

I don’t know how people think that they can get away with this sort of thing. Someone is always going to check on that PHD or whether they were actually in the Special Forces.

7 Likes

Perish the thought.
He’s not cool enough for Huxley College.

13 Likes

And all I see is that apparently smashing the first one wasn’t quite enough…

3 Likes

Man, that’s gotta hurt.

1 Like

It’s funny and all, but lets be honest, most statehouses are full of losers, shills, hustlers, and charlatans you wouldn’t trust to hold the cash at the spring carnival 50-50. Around here all you need is be a “made man” in the local machine, and they’ll find a spot for you. Truly. A councilman was arrested for drunkenly peeing on people from a balcony at a Dead cover band show, and eventually turned up as vice principal at a county high school.

There’s a dim PD detective from the “right family”, who keeps turning up for these minor elected offices like Assembly and School Board, eventually he’ll run for mayor. The guy’s party loyalty is what matters not his having “attended” the local CC (according to Wiki), which presumably means he did not get an associates. Par for the course.

13 Likes

I have lodged an official request with the Senator that he release his food handler’s quiz transcripts and am waiting for a response.

hashtag: DrainTheMopBucket

19 Likes

[quote=“Papasan, post:14, topic:96158, full:true”][/quote]Is that Toph? Damn, the next Last Airbender live-action movie looks sweet!

12 Likes

His punishment should REQUIRE him to include **SIZZLER ** on his bio.

8 Likes

Statehouse, steakhouse what’s the difference?

20 Likes

Now I want a Slim Jim.

4 Likes