Republican State Senator's "business degree" turns out to be from Sizzler Steakhouse

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/03/01/republican-state-senators.html

9 Likes

From Weird Al Yankovic’s opus, “Albuquerque”:

“Anyway, things really started lookin’ up for me
Because about a week later, I finally achieved my lifelong dream
That’s right, I got me a part-time job at The Sizzler
I even made employee of the month after I put that grease fire out with my face
Aw yeah, everybody was pretty jealous of me after that
I was gettin’ a lot of attitude”

25 Likes

he was not trying to inflate his education credentials.

Of course not Just casting them in the best possible light.

I have a question. Does Sizzler know about this? Do they think it reflects well on the integrity of their restaurants?

24 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyDjXLLGxVk

“Iowa State College - the high school after high school.”

14 Likes

I wonder what his job was while at Sizzlers. If he worked anywhere that got him into the kitchen, then perhaps he could enlighten us about how returned meals are quite often are stepped and spat on before returning them to the customers.

7 Likes

He’s a proud alumni of Huxley College with post graduate work at Wotsomatta U.

17 Likes

Not much different than Jeffrey Archer claiming an academic degree that was actually from a gym.

9 Likes

Which is why, before the truth of this was revealed, he constantly referred to it as a “business degree.” Oh, wait… oops.
(I also like how one year of foundational courses in college as a declared physics major turned into three years at “University of California at Riverside majoring in astro-physics, geo-physics and mathematics.” That’s quite some inflation, for sure.)

14 Likes

I, for one, feel much better about having my meagre associate’s degree in Speech Communication Arts - Mass Media now!

13 Likes

I’d suggest a recall effort, but his constituents probably are impressed by his being all learned and all at a private business school and don’t you know Sizzler salad bar is really great it’s like a meal in itself.

Sorry. I’m bitter today.

36 Likes

Chelgren told NBC News on Wednesday he was not trying to inflate his education credentials.

No, actually he was trying to inflate his loser douchebag credentials, and here he spectacularly succeeded.

25 Likes

No, you don’t understand. He probably went to Sizzler University because all those darn democrat professors at big boy universities would have made fun of his down home American values! This is proof of his persecution and the need for his legislation to be passed! Or something like that…

19 Likes

Bob’s Big Boy University?

13 Likes

Re-posted by popular demand.

50 Likes

I read this in John Oliver’s southern voice. I suggest you try it.

15 Likes

…and all I see is “Zim”

10 Likes

Invader…

14 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r258Jca9e0A

Are you also familiar with JTHM?

10 Likes

Does this mean I can describe my TIPS certification as a law degree?

11 Likes

I have CPR training, but saying i have a medical degree sounds cooler and is in no way a total lie

40 Likes