Republicans still want to take your rights away, they just don’t want Lindsay Graham talking about it

The thing that worries me is how many candidates are going to be “Republican Sinema” now that they are realizing they shouldn’t say the quiet part out loud, and will simply wait to show their true colors.

7 Likes

The extra colours were added because trans and POC are often erased, sometimes accidentally but other times intentionally. Maybe we wouldn’t need to add colours if we didn’t have hate groups like LGB Alliance and Get the L Out trying to push us out, but this is the world we have to live in.

19 Likes

Hopefully the Democratic candidates use the Republican candidate’s own words against them as one PAC is doing here in Michigan against the Republican gubernatorial candidate.

7 Likes

I understand. It just kind of struck me as “putting a hat on a hat” from a design perspective given that the original flag was already meant to include Trans people. But whatever makes people feel more welcome.

3 Likes

I don’t think that’s far off.

They don’t want this hot potato. They want to run on how oppressed they are and how the system is rigged against them. This is all too much of the quite part out loud, for now.

1 Like

Yeah, I understand the impulse to add to it to make it ever more inclusive but I don’t know what the logical conclusion is to where that ends. I just saw an updated version with an extra circle feature added to represent intersex people, who of course need to feel welcome, but is there any marginalized group that doesn’t?

The nice thing about the concept of a simple rainbow is that it’s literally supposed to represent a full spectrum of humanity. And trying to come up with a new version that says “we represent the full spectrum plus x-number of specific groups…” is challenging because it’s hard if not impossible to put a cap on the number of specific groups that deserve representation.

2 Likes

Will this do? It’s a little rough:

24 Likes

They are so craven and disingenuous that they can’t even support a bill they personally would like to see passed because they fear losing power. How pathetic.

1 Like

I like the idea of spliting the V between the pride flag and the trans flag…

Can we move away from this BS idea that they only do stuff to get votes or trigger the libs? They are very much KEEN to take away women’s rights - and trans rights, gay rights, the right to vote for POC, they want end immigration. They tell us that over and over again, by their actions. Time to actually believe them, or things will not improve and we’re fucked.

Robert Downey Jr Ok GIF

12 Likes

Based on Charlie Kirk’s objection, it’s not so much the optics, but the democratic approach entirely. He’s clear that he wants to take away rights, but he knows that’s so unpopular it can only happen through stealthy and undemocratic means, which become more difficult to accomplish if other Republicans insist on drawing attention to the issue.

4 Likes

I came up with a more-striped version:

(Like most art projects, it never really feels done.)

17 Likes

High Five Amy Poehler GIF

I love it!

11 Likes

normally i’d feel obligated to say something like: republicans aren’t dumb, they’re evil. but then – yeah – we’re talking about graham, so actually…

those rock!

3 Likes

Trans exclamation point?

Also have this running thru my head

Beware beware the rage of Roevember

7 Likes

The sad truth is that the basic rainbow pride flag has come to represent mainly just gay white men. Even within oppressed minorities, privilege looms large, from colours on a flag to apartments in the Castro that only two white male incomes (and no kids) can afford.

I got many a dirty look from gay men and lesbians alike in their respective bars when I lived in that city. :confused: The additional colours make me feel more welcome for sure.

14 Likes

I gave it a shot.

15 Likes

The flag was designed in 1999 by my friend, Monica Helms. It was a time when trans people were being excluded much more from the queer community- especially in legislation. And it was meant to specifically speak to pride in our community.

Not unlike Amber Hikes adding black and brown stripes to the gay pride flag to highlight exclusion of POC in many arenas in the community. And yes - I suggested she add some of the trans pride flag colors to it. But someone else did. Amber was the Director of LGBT affairs for the Mayor of Philadelphia.

20 Likes

Is that real? I want one!

2 Likes

It’s real. Reverse Google should find it for ‘ya.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.