Rescue dog hates eating alone, drags bowl across kitchen to eat with other dog

You can “adopt” a new name, you can “adopt” a sarcastic tone, you can “adopt” a highway.

Words have meanings beyond whatever it is you happen to use them for, and it’s not “creepy” for people to use those meanings. Adopting an animal makes perfect sense and isn’t creepy in the slightest unless you’re the sort of person who can’t separate a word from the context where they first heard it, or can’t understand that context matters.

2 Likes

Another less anthropomorphic way of looking at this - plate repositioning dog doesn’t want it’s back to his fellow diner; takes up a more strategic position - slightly behind the other (in sight-line).
Alpha dogs will eat all it wants; the subordinate dog will make way for the alpha until they’re done.
Hard to say which one of these two is the alpha.
Separated eating locations seems to indicate the server is addressing a previous problem.

Maybe generations of dogs past, though. My ex feeds his dogs across the room from each other because that’s what he learned from his father to do.

You’re kind of over-thinking things.
Rescue and adopt are both used.

Do they even socialize? :wink:

1 Like

Hard to tell but at least it doesn’t seem like a Dog Eat Dog situation so theres that. :dog:/ :dog:

Does anyone find it odd that the same “cute animal” videos appear on Boing, Reddit, and the 6:30PM NBC Nightly News?

Sad to say it’s one of few things people have in common in our increasingly segregated culture.

2 Likes

Some dogs truly are rescued. I had one that was saved from a rural puppy mill that was raided by the local authorities. She spent six years living outdoors in a wire cage having one litter after another. She was a broken spirit but she was the sweetest girl you could imagine. The remaining years of her life were surrounded by unconditional love and warmth. I still miss her like crazy.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.