“Responsible Gun Ownership”

So the woman who was shot through the neck survived and was already released from the hospital. As for the shooter, I guess he must have hit an artery in his leg somehow? I’ve read a couple different articles on this and still have no idea how he managed to do that unless the woman that he shot was laying down with her head on his lap or something.

Edit to add: I’m not going to call the woman “lucky” because I’m reminded of an old quote from George Orwell, who had suffered a similar injury:

12 Likes

Bullets curve and ricochet in the body. Surprised one could redirect enough in the neck vs the thorax or pelvis, but especially low-caliber bullets can make sharp turns.

6 Likes

Femoral artery.

“Depending on how the femoral artery is severed, a person can slip into unconsciousness and even die within a few minutes .”

11 Likes

6omqef

19 Likes

That’s how Sean Taylor died. Amazing amount of blood flows through the femoral artery.

7 Likes

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/02/us/hondo-texas-nra-fundraiser/index.html

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/02/us/hondo-texas-nra-fundraiser/index.html

9 Likes

Man charged after allegedly threatening to shoot voting machines at elementary school

10 Likes

That look says all you need to know about this particular gentleman and his state of mind. No hole deep enough.

7 Likes

Atlanta’s Music Midtown Festival Canceled After Court Ruling Made It Illegal to Keep Guns Out of Event

14 Likes

Same court that has metal detectors at the entrances? Checks out.

12 Likes

The D.C. Public Library system confirmed the woman was shot in a downstairs meeting room during a Special Police training session. A retired D.C. police lieutenant conducted the training on how to use an extended baton, Chief Robert Contee said.

Sources familiar with the investigation told News4 that when the trainer drew a pistol to illustrate how quickly it could be done, he fired one shot, striking an officer in the chest.

“I don’t have answers as to why the live firearm was in asp baton training,” Contee said. “I don’t have those answers for you right now.”

11 Likes

The threat of having a firearm in your home redounds to:

1. yourself
  2. your children
  3. your family
  4. any potential intruders into your home

in that order.

Safe storage and training can alter to overall magnitude of the risk, but not the rank order of the risk.
In a public setting, the threat to those around you so hugely overwhelms any possible “good guy with a gun” scenario as to make it negligible. It’s a superhero fantasy level thing. And this applies to cops as well.

17 Likes

It’s literally the first safety rule - never point a gun at someone.

The instructor should be criminally investigated and all his firearms should be immediately confiscated.

They make plastic training guns if he really needed one for this class.

13 Likes

But then another officer might have shot him! As everyone knows, bright orange or green plastic guns are really really scary to cops!

Boy Meets World Gun GIF

6 Likes

They took his guns away under the red flag law.

11 Likes

Molon labe - what is Latin for “you betcha!”

3 Likes

Points loaded gun at son - Worst firearms training ever.

5 Likes

The father of the teen told police he was planning to get his son acclimated to firearms…

kate mckinnon snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

11 Likes

Fathers Day Dad GIF by motionartsmedia

8 Likes

They’ll let any butt-reaming asshole be a father.

8 Likes