Texas woman arrested after pulling gun in parking spot dispute

Originally published at: Texas woman arrested after pulling gun in parking spot dispute | Boing Boing

7 Likes

And why wasn’t the six month old kid armed?

21 Likes

A example of the NRA’s “responsible gun owner.”

27 Likes

As we know from a recent Wisconsin case: pointing guns at people is perfectly OK and anyone who reacts defensively with a gun pointed at them is making a “threatening gesture”. So if the driver and baby were shot, it would be in self defense. /s

30 Likes
18 Likes

Kids are notoriously irresponsible gun owners.

ETA: /s because a large enough segment of the population actually does believe children should be armed.

16 Likes

Wow. Something is seriously wrong if a person would straight up threaten to murder another person.
In public.
On video.
For a parking spot?

18 Likes

Is it no wonder I get nervous around anyone sporting a flag on their clothing?

24 Likes

Meanwhile in Lubbock, the white ex-husband of a county judge wasn’t even arrested after shooting another man in broad daylight.

16 Likes

It’s so true.

Context is everything. Assholes have continually waved, adorned themselves, made out with, the American flag. Because of these assholes, the flag is now a shameful symbol.

Anyone remember that brief interstitial period in early 2009 when Obama wasn’t (yet) wearing the flagpin and Fox commentators were collectively losing their shit over how much of a America-hating Communist he obviously was because of this? As silly as it was, he had to cave (it’s just a piece of metal). (Albeit, you notice GQP always wear the “wavy”-type American flags, and Democrats wear the rectangular flagpin.) Puerile and tribal, but Democrats have to observe the GQP religious totems or they risk the charge of heresy.

I can’t think of any “Democratic” practice that GQP politicians have been shamed into modifying their behavior to conform. (Maybe not complaining about MLK being a national holiday?)

16 Likes

She fits the description.

5 Likes

SERIOUSLY.

As we all know, an armed society is a polite society. Had the mom and kid ALSO been armed, this would have resulted in an impromptu mobile salon where thoughts on manners, customs, and parking could have been exchanged in a calm, rational manner.

If you aren’t armed, you’re contributing to the decline of discourse in this country.

11 Likes

7 Likes

Texans needs to learn from Boston folks about the lawn chair convention (4 Things To Know About Space Savers In Boston | WBUR News).

Then again they might leave guns in the parking spot since it’s the go to solution to everything.

2 Likes

But I was always told an armed society is a polite society.

2 Likes

When in Rome, I guess.

Waving a gun is Texas greeting and she was saying hi. They also eat using belt buckles.

3 Likes

Part of my daily affirmation

3 Likes

She’s got “resting mugshot face”.

6 Likes

Wow, that was totally legal huh?

You’d think the guy shooting at the ground/his feet would be a good enough reason to take the gun from him, but I guess we live in a post rittenhouse world and this was in TX.

3 Likes

“The Aristocrats!..”

Oops, sorry.

Meant “Texas!!!”

4 Likes