“Responsible Gun Ownership”

There are so many failures by so many adults in that story and the kid having the gun is just the first

11 Likes
8 Likes

Bored Will And Grace GIF by Cameo

7 Likes

One of far too many trumpy judges

5 Likes
7 Likes

I shot a bullet into the air, it’s coming down … somewhere.

14 Likes

Jesus fucking Christ.

This asshole deserves to do at least a dime in prison.

At least one of her bullets ended up in a kids bedroom.

14 Likes

That’s insane.

5 Likes
10 Likes

There it is. We’re too fucking scary for Ozzy. If that’s not a call for a whole country intervention, I don’t know what is.

16 Likes

San Diego Zoo Bat GIF by San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance

8 Likes

Submitted here unironically.
Just wow:

ETA:

14 Likes

It’s an interesting question- when do you have to protect yourself, your family and your community by any means necessary?

The attempts at elimination of our communities are very real. And explicitly violent.

10 Likes

Agreed.

I wish I had a good answer for this.
Here’s is one answer that I make no arguments for or against:

Where I live now, in Texas, is a near-mythic instance of American gun culture. Since I live so close to Austin (the deep blue dot mitigating factor), I presume that the gun culture I see on the regular is not Texas Gun Culture® at its most common or prevalent. Even so, I have seen a shift over the decades to less and less sensible “responsible gun ownership” and I know a trend when I see one. Double-plus-ungood.

As a more personal answer to your comment, my own family background has been either GTFO ASAP, or become complicit [knowingly–or unknowingly in the case of the younger-at-the-time members] in violent or lethal oppression. All I can say is, if my ancestors had not done what they did, I would probably not be here now. :woman_shrugging:t5:

I do not love my family’s history.
I realize it is not possible for me to change the past.
So I work for a better future and a better present.

And as has been said in other contexts (including aikido classes I took in college), “in the face of overwhelming opposition, you lose” so sensei always recommended running far and fast as the first and by far the most desirable option. This same course of action would be uttered by my son’s kungfu teacher 30 years later to all his students, so I take that all as very sound advice.

11 Likes

I appreciate and support the group protecting the event. The fascists only understand that language. But it does make me think we are closer to armed conflict than I had hoped for…

Whoop Ass Reaction GIF

11 Likes

I hear you.
It’s an unpleasant potential future narrative to contemplate [much less live through].

May commonsense prevail, and may U.S.ians in good faith continue to work together for equity, justice, and inclusive futures.

Slightly OT but relevant wrt your phrase “only understand that language”:

9 Likes

Given the authoritarian leanings of many in LE, it would not surprise me if there are some who would sympathize with this call. I am still fairly sure that institutional momentum will hold for the present. How much longer, we can only wait.

5 Likes

I guess this is an example of responsible gun ownership because he didn’t actually pull the trigger?

:grimacing:

Good reminder for me of another reason to drive “defensively.” You never know if the person you just cut off or flipped the finger at has a gun.

15 Likes

Guilty.

11 Likes

Yet somehow, still alive!

:clap:

10 Likes