Reverse Godwin: KKK darling David Duke says Trump may help improve Hitler's image

And what’s totally missed here is that Trump admits he was a sock puppet before sock puppets existed! Hilarious.

1 Like

Since the swastika is actually wrong, I’m going to hazard a guess at “supports”… :slight_smile:

14 Likes

So in order to make people aware of the threat we face in a future Hitler we have to wait until they start killing Jews? Further, this seems to suggest that this is when he went bad, when the killing started?

Hitler was a popular German politician who preached racial superiority, a severe nationalism, treated a religious minority as an existential threat, advocated using the military and police to spy on people before they commit crimes, and suggested the corporate class should lead the government. This was before he became Chancellor in 1933.

He was a bad guy then, and it was because that bad guy was given power he was able to force Jews to wear identifiers, give up their homes and businesses to “Aryans”, be crowded into concentration camps, and later exterminated.

We need to warn about the bad guy before the murder of 6 million people (not just Jews, but communists, Catholics, gays, muslims, etc.) so that the holocaust never happens again. Waiting until the killing starts to warn people is waiting too long.

24 Likes

Let me get this straight: Davide Duke is saying that Trump is even worse than Hitler?

4 Likes

I totally called that. I said, “Trump makes Hitler look good.”

2 Likes

13 Likes

I heard they might remove the star 'cause many people are spitting on it :joy:

1 Like

Ok, but what about the fact that this guy thinks “that fellow with the mustache” can be “rehabilitated!?!?” It sounds like he thinks “that fellow” has just been in hospital for a bit.

Also, bonus points for an additional comparison of Voldemort to Hitler. They Shalt Not Be Named!

1 Like

It’s annoying how many people think Godwin’s Rule means that no one can ever be fairly compared to Hitler. Ridiculous. It’s almost like saying you can’t point out that the Israeli government’s treatment of Palestinians is bitterly ironic.

18 Likes

Know who else had killed zero Jews during his first election campaign?…

23 Likes

Heard the same thing… except it wasn’t spitting but another word that sounds very similar… spitting seems more likely though.

If you think that there has been a lack of Antisemitism in this election season so far, it just goes to show that you haven’t been paying any attention to the rampant Antisemitism. And, despite what many people think, it’s not exclusively a thing of the Right Wing, but also from the Left as well.

The Right Wing Antisemitism against Bernie has been the usual: Naziism, White Supremacy, and Christian Normative, plus the Evangelicals. But the Left? I’ve seen Bernie supporters going that “Bernie doesn’t need a SuperPAC, he has his Jew money!” :unamused: Then you have the BDS people, and Bernie is automatically an Evil Zionist in their eyes, because he’s a Jew that isn’t calling for the unconditional destruction of Israel (and, no, I am not exaggerating). The degree and virulence of the antisemitic double standards to which Bernie is being held on the Left is honestly sickening.

1 Like

I always take statements to the effect of “You have to meet Jesus!” as a threat. Missionaries and stalkers have the same behavior profiles.

1 Like

Cartoonish exaggeration alert. Citation needed.

What “Left”?

4 Likes

Here, have one example from Salon of how Bernie is being held to a double standard regarding Israel.

EDIT: To expand on this a bit: look at the language being used, and keep in mind that Bernie is significantly more critical of Israel than any other candidate, but, since he’s not willing to denounce it without nuance, he lacks “moral vision”.

Thanks, but nothing in that piece is antisemitic. Instead, it takes Sanders to task for what the author sees as his support for “Israeli colonization, including the worst elements of its military occupation.”

Dude, being against the horrific treatment of Palestinians is simply not the same thing as being antisemitic.

As I said, your previous comment is cartoonish exaggeration.

7 Likes

To be fair, my use might have been inaccurate. Meta-Godwin might have been more appropriate. I was comparing an argument to comparing someone to Hitler. I guess that’s more meta than reverse.

1 Like

Comparing 1930s Germany to the US now is where the analogy falls apart.

The Germans were seen as merely being guilty of not stopping Hitlers rise to power. The NAZIs came from a 2% share of the vote in 1928 to a 34% share in 1932.

This rise of Christian Identity has been a much longer slower rise. The planned 1776 2.0 whitey get your gun shit is a common thread in American history.

We’ve got enough of a monstrous history to provide the impetus for a bloody Street war for no reason and psycho riots and burning down Cleveland in a fit to solve social problems with bullets and fire.

It’s American Exceptionalism.

Did Hitler actually kill Jews? I’ve always thought that was a fucked up little revision of history.

One guy doesn’t kill 10 million people by himself.

BDS routinely attacks Jewish organizations–not Israeli organizations, Jewish organizations, such as campus Hillels–for being Jewish. You say “cartoonish exaggeration”, I say “try experiencing it from my end”.

A Wider Bridge, a Jewish LGBT organization, gets singled out and attacked by BDS protestors

Jewish students at various US colleges are routinely intimidated into silence, boycotted, and singled out unless they explicitly denounce and demand the destruction of Israel.

And how is this an antisemitic double standard? Simply put: I don’t see the non-Jewish candidate being denounced in similar tones, despite having a history of more explicit support.