Ridley Scott directing "3001: The Final Odyssey" miniseries

[Permalink]

On Syfi Channel? 3001: HALnado?

4 Likes

Did I miss a film version of 2061? I would have loved to see the terraforming of Ganymede and the landing on Halley’s comet.

6 Likes

So many exclamation points in that book.

“Dialog!”

1 Like

I was disappointed the other day to find that Seattle Public Library doesn’t have any copies of the 2010 movie.

Someone should remind them that Clarke’s work was a concurrent novelization of the film; Kubrick’s film is not an adaptation of anything (though the sequels are of course Clarke’s own.

@SpunkyTWS: Agreed, what the heck?

2 Likes

Fair enough. It was actually seeing that story that finally got me to see the movie and read the books

That’s odd. According to WorldCat the Seattle Public Library does have it. Maybe you should mention that to them. Also, if you have access to the University of Washington’s library they do have it.

I wonder if it’ll include the genetically engineered dinosaur gardener who tends crops on the moon.

1 Like

Scott has signed on to produce – I haven’t seen any indication yet that he’s on board to direct any episodes of this.

Holy crap, I hope so. I have to say I’m pretty excited about this. 3001 was my favorite of the 4 books, but I never thought I’d get to watch it on screen for some reason :smile:

Pro Tip: Seattle Public Library (SPL) is great and all, BUT since Seattle is a part of King County you can get a King County Library System (KCLS) library card as well. KCLS is the biggest and busiest library system in the entire USA circulating over 22.4 million items with over 48 library locations, and you can reserve any item in the system through the website and have it delivered to your closest branch with email notification when it arrives. Once I got hooked on KCLS I could never go back to SPL again. Enjoy your new super lending powers.

They have 7 copies of the Special Edition DVD of 2001:

And 2 copies of 2010:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.