Right-wing troll James O'Keefe fails badly at baiting Washington Post with rape lie

A Gold Plated Supreme Douche Bag

https://twitter.com/lachlan/status/935152155480215552

Salary in 2016 was $317, 691. Republican sugar daddies have been good to James. It pays to fail it seems.

7 Likes

Two of the last three presidents of the United States have followed the program of being born a rich white men and then failing at everything until they get to the white house.

22 Likes

Here’s something fun.

O’Keefe tweeted a link to a piece on Salon.com. The article attacked him, but O’Keefe included screensnaps that supposed defended him - but weren’t in the article.

Yes, I did just catch him in an obvious lie on Twitter.

6 Likes

tumblr_inline_mrdv0a299N1qz4rgp

7 Likes

I completely understand and share that frustration with politics reported like a team sport.

I will say that at least the Washington Post has been pretty consistently doing substantive reporting on Trump, such as his legal and financial crimes. For most of 2016 they were pretty much the only somewhat prestigious news source actually covering him that way, and not just reporting on the latest outrageous noise coming from his wordhole.

3 Likes

sigh Sometimes lost causes are the only causes worth fighting for.” -Tom Servo

6 Likes

There is a Cold Civil War currently occurring in the United States. This statement has emerged from my consciousness as of late, and I think we haven’t even begun to understand the depth or ramifications. One side, specifically the GOP, is being actively supported by an outside foreign entity, that being Russia. What in the hell is going on?

11 Likes

Aww. She really had her heart set on becoming something of a Bond Girl. But it looks like she’s ending up a Barney from Mayberry.

1 Like

That is a very good assessment (or is it evaluation?).
I might have to borrow it from time to time.

2 Likes

Too dumb to hang up the phone. Too dumb to log out or use a fake id when checking someone’s LinkedIn profile.

5 Likes

This miserable little shit.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Not to defend him here, but I think those little quotes are supposed to be his attempt to disprove Salon’s headline of “failing to discredit journalists”-- they’re not “quotes” from the article, they’re him giving a counterpoint to the article. I don’t think Salon would call ACORN a “corrupt…community organizing cartel” for example, nor would he put those words in their mouth since it would give Salon credibility to his audience.

1 Like

I will never understand how he avoided jail when he entered a federal building disguised as a telephone repairman. 2 years probation and $1500 fine only.

3 Likes

I can guess that donors probably had some influence.

2 Likes

Hilariously, this is what appears on my screen with your comment:

Mr. Whiskers?!?! What did a newspaper ever do to you?

6 Likes

He was only 26! You can’t treat a white 26-year-old man like they are an adult!

To be honest, though, I think given his intent that’s probably about the right sentence. When someone commits a dumbass crime that doesn’t actually hurt anyone, it’s better to give them a sentence that says, “Hey, dumbass, don’t do that,” than to lock them up.

The injustice of the American justice system isn’t that connected white people are treated to leniently, it’s that everyone else is treated to harshly.

I really hope, though, that when if he commits similar dumbass crimes in the future, the judge will look at his previous conviction and say, “Apparently you can’t take a hint, I think you might need some time in prison to think about that.”

5 Likes

Q: “How was your day, Jaime?”

A: “Pretty good! I went to a major media outlet with a fake rape story in order to discredit actual victims of sexual assault so that a known child molester has a better shot at being elected to the Senate. I feel so great about myself after taking this new job!”

10 Likes

I feel like, maybe Jaime Phillips genuinely believes that this is a conspiracy against Roy Moore to bring him down and that she was doing the right thing? I mean, there’s at least a chance. Of course her recent experience with how hard it is to make a false allegation should cause her to reconsider that.

3 Likes

I long for a day when this will not be an incisive and underappreciated observation.