Right-wing websites are weighing the pros and cons of letting people die from coronavirus to help the economy

For the GOP’s base, the right to life begins at conception and ends at birth.

Or that he doesn’t consider people who make less than $125K per year human. Honestly, going with the latter, I seriously doubt he considers people who make less than $125K per year much at all.

14 Likes

That seems eminently resonable.

Have we tried killing the poor?

10 Likes

I’m sorry - isn’t extending H1-B Visas just another corporate bailout?

There are plenty of out of work Americans that would like jobs.

2 Likes

Capitalism has transcended its origins as an economic model into a full-blown religion, and the Invisible Hand demands a blood sacrifice.

19 Likes

Ironically (for this thread), cost-benefit is an extremely effective argument for widespread vaccination. For example, flu vaccination studies (in Florida, I believe) show that vaccinating all the kids in a school district is extremely cost effective for reducing medical expenses in the elderly.

In fact, you can justify much of what you might consider “a sensible healthcare system” using even draconian cost-benefit analysis. Things like organ transplants, end-of-life care, etc. don’t fair very well. But prenatal care, vaccinations, yearly checkups, setting broken bones, and many other treatments have economic returns several times higher than the expense.

I find that even people against universal healthcare are quite open to this type of basic healthcare. Everyone is fighting over an all or nothing when a much for little is solid middle ground.

5 Likes

Short-Term gains will always “Trump” humane priorities and concerns.

3 Likes

What’s weirder still is how Trump thinks he can override Shelter in Place orders from governors. I don’t think he grasps that he has no such authority unless he wants to concoct some unfounded claim that the governors are conspiring to remove him from office illegally or some other bunk.

12 Likes

let’s be clear…he doesn’t understand anything. No really…anything.

:wink:

13 Likes

The ancient Mayans performed human sacrifice to feed their gods.

This is absolutely no different.

3 Likes

The Mayans did it for the benefit of their entire society. This is absolutely different.

13 Likes

Yup. “Letting people die to help the economy” is not just morally awful, it’s nonsense. “Letting people die” will inevitably hurt the economy!

People saying this are not motivated by ruthless, cold-blooded greed, which while contemptible, would still make sense. No, this is the culmination of the urge to cause suffering for suffering’s sake. Cruelty is the point, once again.

Makes me wonder, how many of these despicable shitheads pretend to be Christians? They’re happily pushing the agenda of an anti-Christ.

20 Likes

Given the absolutely shitty childhoods these greedpigs must have had to make them the way they are, I suspect many of them would have no problem with that deal.

3 Likes

And what do we do with nazis…

anti-facist-spencer-punch|nullxnull

26 Likes

Remember, kids, use your elbow to punch nazis and wash your hands as soon as possible.

40 Likes

Nothing wrong with weighing pros and cons. People who can’t handle pondering unpleasant things tend to make bad decisions. The economy doesn’t affect only billionaires; it is also people who live paycheck to paycheck.

Having pondered reality in all its pain and glory and still coming out in favor of sacrificing for the sake of others gets my respect.

1 Like

As more and more like-minded thinkers come out the other side of covid-19 infections unscathed, newly-fearless, and no longer willing to endure these societal restrictions, anticipate the call for this sort of amoralizing to become stronger and louder.

2 Likes

Always very popular among libertarians. Odd, that…
It’s almost as if deep down they know that women can see their bullshit for what it is.

10 Likes

I"m not saying it would be right, or making any value judgement one way or the other.

But…

It would be entertaining to see Dr. Fauci do that to Trump in the middle of a briefing to stop misinformation being presented.

I’m sure I know it would be wrong deep down, but entertaining anyway.

2 Likes

Hey, how is a guy supposed to pay the mortgages on all those perfect, beautiful hotels and resorts?

1 Like