Ritz goes DIY with their cracker's serrated edge

Originally published at: Ritz goes DIY with their cracker's serrated edge | Boing Boing

3 Likes

let’s be honest. since they changed their recipe a few years ago the ritz is so fragile you have to be super careful just spreading a little peanut butter on them.

8 Likes

I’m sitting on a Ritz right now!

Well, mainly just crumbs. And they’re not directly below me, but down in the sofa cracks. But they’re still tasty!

7 Likes

For cutting cheese?

Post hoc rationalisation. Otherwise know as marketing bullshit.

8 Likes

When I was a kid, my brothers and I would put a layer of Ritz crackers in the middle of our ham and cheese sandwiches. Tasty.

7 Likes

egads Big_Food, why not produce Gearz!™ crackers? (circular edible gears with from 10 to 60 teeth numbers) “The Food that does stuff!”

(“Look! I made the Antikythera device out of my snack food!”)

5 Likes

Yeah, the real reason is that serrated edges are easier to keep round than non-serrated edges. It helps keep the shape when baking. Same reason why square biscuits and cookies have serrated edges.

4 Likes

I like this idea. Next time I buy a pack of Ritz for whatever reason, I’m going to try it. (Hey, it works for potato chips.)

3 Likes

Better traction on rough terrain.

7 Likes

Mmmmm. Swiss cheese.

i used to do that with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. that salty crunch in the middle was a nice flavor pop.

This is what I call as “Post-Intentionalism.”

2 Likes

Do most people realize when this sort of product placement shows up and just go with the flow? I suspect pointing it out has become passe, because my karma usually takes a wallop when I point at it on reddit.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.