RNC plans for historic nomination acceptance speech delivered from house arrest by a convicted felon

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/06/13/rnc-plans-for-historic-nomination-acceptance-speech-delivered-from-house-arrest-by-a-convicted-felon.html

8 Likes

How does house arrest work when it’s cross state? Would they force him into something in Trump Tower?

12 Likes

oh come’on Honorable Juan Merchan, give the @#$ at least a week in a proper slammer (orange suit, yet no orange makeup, bars in foreground). you know it would be justice served and he really deserves it and been nothing but a pest to you and your court.

Juan Merchan, a New York state judge, announced a July 11 sentencing hearing moments after Trump was found guilty Thursday by a jury on 34 felony counts of falsifying business records. The GOP convention is scheduled to begin July 15 in Milwaukee, with the nominee expected to deliver his acceptance speech three days later on July 18. link

at least just one week please! (“there’s probably two or three appeals possible for rich white @#$'s y’know” -sigh-)

12 Likes

Just record him in front of a green screen and leak the unedited footage so that fans and opponents can place him anywhere they please. It wouldn’t be too hard to prepare a room at Trump Tower/Mar-a-Lago/Rikers to accommodate these needs.

7 Likes

You can believe his traitorous Secret Service guard has cried a river about how they can only protect him from the lap of perceived luxury.

13 Likes

it’s going to be the highest-tech stage ever," a Republican operative who has toured the convention site said. “It will allow the campaign to utilize people not in Milwaukee to be projected into the hall.”

24 Likes

Kind of gives the chant, “Four more years!” a totally different spin.

15 Likes

Preview of the Republican Convention…

clowns GIF by The 90th Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade

11 Likes

I’m not sure that’s entirely fair… clowns can be entertaining, after all, unlike the RNC! :laughing:

17 Likes

I’ve heard the RNC has already set up a GoFundMe to cover the costs of the call to the prison, “just in case.” [And if Trump isn’t sent to prison, those funds will go to Trump’s pockets “a good cause”.] What’s the going rate these days? $20 per minute to the private telecom that runs the prison phone system and $20 per minute in kickbacks to the prison administrators? But I’m sure they’ll cut the presumptive nominee a discount: how about -50% off (for $30 and $30 per minute)?

Grift recognizes grift (sometimes.)

3 Likes

First Tupac, now ■■■■■.

Also, if he’s just given home confinement, I expect he’ll violate it just to show he can.

2 Likes

Like this other world-class production at Four Seasons? Well it was unique.

9 Likes

I wonder what white supremist symbol they will choose for their stage shape…

6 Likes

I’m picturing him giving his speech from one of those telephone/behind glass visiting rooms and being filmed on his lawyer’s phone. I know it’s not likely but a man can dream, can’t he?

7 Likes

a historic experience

The Republicans are so brave to dare to nominate a jailed convicted felon. Fight the Power. /s

2 Likes

7 Likes

Clowns are also scary, just like the RNC.

4 Likes

Yeah, clowns are just like fascists… /s

1 Like

Fascists are often like clowns, and also scary.

Clowns round up specific groups of people for mass murder? :thinking: And no, IT does not count…

1 Like