Rob Ford implies journalist is a pedophile

That’s a less effective reply to “Have you stopped beating your wife?” however.

Oh, yeah, sorry about that! Hyperbole is the best thing ever.

I felt like I was getting something wrong. Thanks.

As I said, sorry for the pedantry!

…and ‘finding’ bodies of those murdered in the journalist’s garden.

Actually I think that was Buck “Fumbles” Laughlin, who later went on to become a successful dog show announcer.

1 Like

Mr. Black, the former press baron, asked him to name the most “offensive events – abrasions – that have been perpetrated on you or your family by the media?”

“Well,” replied Mr. Ford, “I guess the worst one was Daniel Dale in my backyard taking pictures. I have little kids. When a guy’s taking pictures of little kids” – and here Mr. Ford shook his head and gave a small, skeptical laugh – “I don’t want to say that word but you start thinking, ‘What’s this guy all about?’”

Not a fan of Ford, but the way he frames the situation, most parents would be concerned.

Dale wasn’t in Ford’s backyard, he was photographing from public property. He wasn’t photographing children, but rather a parcel of land NEXT TO Ford’s home.

From the original article:

He was only doing his job when he went to a property next to Mr. Ford’s house in Etobicoke in May 2012. The mayor was trying to buy the small parcel of land from the conservation authority, an unusual move that failed in the end. Mr. Dale was checking it out, as any responsible reporter would.

There’s no reason for any parent to have the knee-jerk reaction WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN given the depth of deception in that quote.

2 Likes

I like that the interview was with Conrad Black. That would be convicted felon Conrad Black.

3 Likes

Does he live in Canada now? I thought he gave up his citizenship because they wouldn’t let him be Lord Black?

Daniel Dale has served notice. Hurrah!

1 Like

Seems like he does. It’s amazing how one can give up their citizenship, be convicted of a felony in another country, serve time in prison, then be allowed to return to the country that one renounced one’s citizenship. I’m sure that Canada must routinely give resident status to other felons who feel like living here.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.