Robber thinks he's locked in bank. The door opens the other way

Situations like this are exactly why I’m not a bank robber.

2 Likes

The bank only cares about one asset. Everything else is replaceable.

2 Likes

I believe that’s a young Larry Legend:

4 Likes

[quote=“redesigned, post:19, topic:96684”]
you can see the panic in the video. every customer in there is suddenly at much much greater risk. a fleeing panicked criminal is more likely to harm someone, take a hostage, feel trapped, rob all the customers at gunpoint, etc.[/quote]

We’re going to have to disagree. As seen from the video, he doesn’t harm anyone, or take anyone hostage, or rob all the customers at gunpoint. Sure there is panic, but it is to leave the premises as quickly as possible. Even giving in to his demands quickly wouldn’t prevent any of this.

Most bank robbers are cowards; it isn’t all like in the movies. Only 20% have a weapon, and only 4% take over the place. Employees are harmed or taken hostage at a 3:1 rate of customers.
https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/stats-services-publications-bank-crime-statistics-2015-bank-crime-statistics-2015/view

1 Like

A lot of banks with that style of teller windows have them. And you normally won’t know that they’re there unless you know to look for them, or they’re activated. Which is thankfully rare.

1 Like

Shields’ UP!! you silly crook.

4 Likes

“This is an old video. Does anyone know what happened to the robber?”

Yes. He is now one of Trump’s special advisors.

3 Likes

I tried to find a gif of Donald Norman banging his head on a desk.

Does anyone know what happened to the robber?

A bank employee was waiting outside the door with a bag of money for him to take. Because white male mediocrity is rewarded in all professions.

2 Likes

Those statistics are interesting, but they don’t quite say what you think…
44% of bank robberies are done under THREAT of weapon.
22% the weapon was actually USED.
(1/4 of them involve the active use of a weapon, that isn’t small.)

okay, fair enough. I think we both agree that lives are more important than money, even if we disagree on the rest? The important thing to me was value lives over money, if you think they did that fair enough, i’m totally fine disagreeing about the other parts! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Yep - lives are more important than money :slight_smile: … just different ideas on what motivates a bank robber and how they would respond to this, and which will save more lives. We’re not experts, so how about we both get some personal hands-on experience for a few months, and then meet up in a non-extradition country to compare notes? I’ll buy they drinks!

1 Like

So you were honestly under the impression that banks actually cared about people?

You’re fired.

2 Likes

I blame Sylvia.

1 Like

There are way, way, way easier methods to rob banks than with weapons.

J, learn to keep your mouth shut some day.

5 Likes

someone wants to audition for the crew? :slight_smile:

1 Like

It may be that although the shutters may not be in the best interests of the particular customers in the bank with the robber, it is in the best interests of the customers as a whole.

If the banks capitulated to the robbers too easily, it might result in more robberies, which could put more customers at risk.

1 Like

Poor guy. Trapped in the bank. Now he knows how the clerks feel.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.