Robbie Barrat's AI-generated nude paintings make Francis Bacon look like a genteel pre-Raphaelite

i think that last one looks like that fucking snowman in Frozen - on acid - or when i’m on acid - doesn’t matter - someone’s on acid and it’s a bad snowman - make the bad snowman go away

6 Likes

I would totally order a print of one of these.

2 Likes

I’m a little dissapointed by all the “naughy” and “naked lady” framing in part because these barely look human, let alone feminine, laying bare (ha!) the clickbaity positioning for what it is.

They are weird and unsettlingly organic and alive-looking to contemplate, though.

2 Likes

More Max Ernst IMHO.

3 Likes

Reminds me of this old movie:

2 Likes

That’s probably how these were created.
Take a neural network and feed it pictures of nekkid people (in this case). Then once it’s got good at recognising those, feed it a set of random pixels and see how much the algorithms think it looks like people. Then keep tweaking the image randomly to score higher and higher on the “looks like naked people” algorithm, until voila you have something that the machine thinks is basically the same as a real picture of a naked person, and looks to us like, well, like that basically.

3 Likes

They came out looking like nothing on Earth and very little on Venus or Mars

Arthur C Clarke, Travel By Wire (1937).

2 Likes

I think the expression ‘weirdest boner’ is somehow appropriate here. maybe not ‘I have the weirdest boner’, but surely ‘I see the weirdest boner’ . :smiley:

1 Like

Geiger Approves of this art.

1 Like

It needs more phantom dogs’ heads.

3 Likes
3 Likes

They look like wall textures from Doom.

2 Likes
3 Likes

I was thinking the exact same thing, thats fucking weird. Warped minds think alike? Or maybe I need to lay off the weed and muppets marathons…

In an odd way if the faces were the same texture as the rest of it, some of them kind of remind me of isamu noguchi abstract sculpture.

In short I like these but I don’t know why

3 Likes

Stupid sexy desert.

3 Likes

Would it be very wrong to train a neural net on the culinary transgressions at “70s Dinner Party” and see what abominations it generated by itself? AFAF.

4 Likes

That “seafood mousse” is basically tuna salad I bet, and shaping it like a fish is cute. Draw those lines with Sriracha and supply some crackers and it would be a perfectly acceptable party platter.

1 Like

4 Likes

I think they were supposed to be women based on the intent of the program.

Excellent zouk album with a nasty slipcase:

3 Likes