Robot riding on turtle's back steers it with "carrot-on-a-stick" technique

Let the record show there was prior art from 1963:

2 Likes

The robotic-hare apocalypse was initially in the lead but was eventually overtaken by the robotic-tortoise apocalypse.

Like I said, the study was devised by a supervillain in training. Practicality takes a backseat to figuring out new ways to torment hapless animals.

Goodread has a good description of the book. I may look it up.

1963 was also the year of Arthur Clarke’s “Dolphin Island”. “Penelope” contains more bad puns and alcoholic hijinks, however.

1 Like

Always ends badly.

2 Likes

I have a feeling that this could go on for awhile.

It’s LIBRARY time! (May not like it.)

At first glance, I thought it was RABBIT, not ROBOT, so I was sort of proud he’d figured out a solution that required less energy, with no chance of being overtaken.

1 Like

Thats the whole idea.

1 Like

I think that if the robot never gave the turtle a treat, you could argue that this was parasitic, but it specifically says that it does give the turtle a treat at regular intervals. That sounds like mutualism to me. It doesn’t seem any worse than training your dog to do tricks by giving it rewards. While some people might argue that that is cruel, they’d be a minority.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.