Rochester cop parked in ambulance bay then roughed up EMT who dinged his car

They probably should have gone with “Defund Police Corruption”, or something along those lines.

As with NYC mounted cops, they likely get off on the feeling of superiority as pedestrians are forced to make way for them as they watch from their high perches.

4 Likes

It seems like these cops are stepping out of their lane throwing their weight around in hospitals, where they’re not traditionally part of the hierarchy

4 Likes

My loose understanding of use of police horses is it’s for crowd control, but that if a team is doing this correctly it’s a question of shaping the situation more gently than that. Not intimidation or threats of immediate violent crushing or trampling. That mostly if you need an immovable obstacle in a spot put your horses there.

Anyway, the NYPD horses that I see on the regular (their stable used to be on the Hudson River Greenway) look decently happy and well-cared-for. Certainly far more so than the Central Park carriage horses.

2 Likes

Qualified immunity. The Blue wall of silence. Middling intelligence. Anti-social biases. Right-wing political protection. I’d say that stepping out of their lane is an inevitability.

5 Likes

ACAB.

(Yes, Boing Boing, body of comment is a complete sentence.)

2 Likes

You would not succeed. If a K-9 officer tells you to do something, do it. Fight the fight in court another day. Those dogs are very very strong and trained to be extremely vicious. Anything TV and movies have taught you about distracting or fighting off attack dogs is wrong. You will lose your arm in the attempt.

7 Likes

To add to @the_borderer’s response, remember this:

Be a Tree

You want to freeze in place, do not look the dog in the eyes, do not make any sounds, just be the most boring trunk standing there.

You cannot outrun any dog, and any dog can send you to the hospital (or worse) with their bite and claws.

DO NOT THINK YOU CAN WIN AGAINST A DOG.

7 Likes

As a longtime area resident, I can confidently state that the RPD are a bunch of out-of-control bullies and have been for decades. They seem to be getting a whole lot shittier lately. This asshole needs to be sacked and criminally charged, but nothing of the sort will happen. You know what I’d like to see? RPD cops being tested, regularly, for cocaine use on the job. I say that because I know things.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.