Rock your way to crushed garlic

Hmmmm… that looks like a “herb” grinder: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=herb+grinder

The metal ones usually have very sharp-edged pins that make for exceptional grinding on the intended product. The cheap ones have round pins (the one I just retired looks like finishing nails); that wouldn’t work with garlic at all.

While “herb” and garlic are somewhat different, and you’d need a pretty large one, these might be worth a try. Cleaning might be a chore, though. And I’m guessing you’d want separate ones for “herb” and garlic.

But it’s not the same as an herb grinder. It looks like there are at least two important differences:

1. The teeth are coarse, so you can get a lot of control over the size of the dice without pulverizing it.
  2. It has only one row of teeth, so you can corral the garlic for easy removal after it’s chopped. You can see this on their site:

http://www.garlictwist.com

I’d like to point out that the micro-plane is an awesome tool for woodcarving, too. Removes material quickly and leaves a nice surface. It has gotten me out of a weird spot or two where I couldn’t find or access the right angle of attack for a tool with a single sharp edge. Try that with your garlic press M’F’er.

That ain’t easy. I’ve tried it. This movie, BTW, unlike The Godfather, is highly credible. Any consequential deviation from the facts in court records would have become serious legal problem. The garlic may be elementary but I doubt they had to make the scene up.

Yep! Makes a wonderfully satisfying racket too.

I think they’re even more awesome for nutmeg. I buy the, um, bulbs. The taste is much fresher and stronger than already-ground nutmeg.

And, something wonderful I recently discovered – whodathunkit!

Brown acknowledges that unitaskers have their place. He owns a green bean frencher because he likes frenched green beans but it’s a single use item.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.